Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shortage of Black Men in Law (Dismal)  (Read 12226 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Shortage of Black Men in Law (Dismal)
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »

And on a related note, I can't even count how many times I've seen incredibly talented females throw their futures away for some broke, ignorant male who can't hold down a job or stay out of jail, and whose dedication to anything is limited to making sure he buys the latest sneakers or rims for his car. 

oh yea i've seen this too...but these are women who seem to be fed up with the way their loves lives are going and are just willing to settle to have a man and possibly start a family if they are dealing with their biological clocks--and being around all of their friends who are married/have boyfriends.

Do women's biological clocks start ticking that hard at the age of 18?  I see this mostly in women aged 18-24.  It upsets me even more than the lazy ass men because these women don't just have potential.  They've realized much of that potential, and then just divert their energies into relationships that hardly ever end well.  In the end, they're not left with much.
Yale.Law.School.2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »

And on a related note, I can't even count how many times I've seen incredibly talented females throw their futures away for some broke, ignorant male who can't hold down a job or stay out of jail, and whose dedication to anything is limited to making sure he buys the latest sneakers or rims for his car. 

oh yea i've seen this too...but these are women who seem to be fed up with the way their loves lives are going and are just willing to settle to have a man and possibly start a family if they are dealing with their biological clocks--and being around all of their friends who are married/have boyfriends.

Do women's biological clocks start ticking that hard at the age of 18?  I see this mostly in women aged 18-24.  It upsets me even more than the lazy ass men because these women don't just have potential.  They've realized much of that potential, and then just divert their energies into relationships that hardly ever end well.  In the end, they're not left with much.

NO!  But that's when peer pressure and immaturity is ticking hard.  And don't forget "I know better than my parents/friends/family members who are trying to warn me about this jerk" is ticking hard.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 09:00:45 AM »
LOL  :D  The biological clock is not age defined.  It is just a metaphor for a natural urge for women to have children and establish certain things in their lifetime.  Usually dictated by their upbringing and surroundings though...

Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
LOL  :D  The biological clock is not age defined.  It is just a metaphor for a natural urge for women to have children and establish certain things in their lifetime.  Usually dictated by their upbringing and surroundings though...

There is a specific age range determined by the Individual.  Women have a finite # of eggs.  That range has been effected by fertility drugs, and other environmental factors but it can be defined.
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »
Im sorry what were your UG and G degrees in?

There is a specific age range determined by the Individual.  Women have a finite # of eggs.  That range has been effected by fertility drugs, and other environmental factors but it can be defined.
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »

Fertility = / = biological clock.  Biological clock is mental, fertility is physical.  Also, it's difficult to define fertility (ie to say when it'll end) until it's too late.  For every woman who easily gets pregnant in her 40s there are numerous other who are infertile.  There are so many factors that affect fertility, including genetics, weight, lifestyle, etc, that you usually don't know which group you'll be in until it's too late.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 09:25:01 AM »
Women have a finite # of eggs.

Lol