Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore Ultimate Setups Guide  (Read 612 times)

BYUgrad06

• View Profile
Powerscore Ultimate Setups Guide
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Is it worth the money?  How helphful is it?  I'm thinking about getting it but am not sure.  Who here has experience with it?

smi99003

• View Profile
Re: Powerscore Ultimate Setups Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »
it could be

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »
I have the book, but didn't use it. After reading the games bible I didn't even need it.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »
I used it a fair bit--whenever I go totally stuck on a game I'd use it as a reference.
CLS 2011

Fallon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »
I used it a little. It's handy when you're really stuck on a game. You can probably do without it though.
www.personalstatementexchange .com
The Personal Statement Exchange is a new peer editing forum. Join! Post! Edit! Monthly prizes for top users!

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 04:24:16 PM »
I thought it was useful, shows you the best ways to diagram games... after I did a game I would check with their setup to make sure all the important info and setup structure was similar.

I give this advice all the time, but dont let 20 bucks affect your LSAT score, its more important than the 100 grand you spent on college.

giveme170

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
I thought it was useful, shows you the best ways to diagram games... after I did a game I would check with their setup to make sure all the important info and setup structure was similar.

I give this advice all the time, but dont let 20 bucks affect your LSAT score, its more important than the 100 grand you spent on college.

I agree with you!  ;)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:31:36 PM »
Is it worth the money?  How helphful is it?  I'm thinking about getting it but am not sure.  Who here has experience with it?

I would think this would be very helpful.  Once you know the setup, everything else usually follows, and once you've seen a variety of setups, you should have a good sense of how to diagram various games.

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 11:03:48 PM »

I would think this would be very helpful.  Once you know the setup, everything else usually follows, and once you've seen a variety of setups, you should have a good sense of how to diagram various games.

I'd say it's not especially helpful. For the most part it only addresses the general setups, but doesn't tackle individual questions.  So I see the book as being very incomplete.  The few times I've gone to refer to it was to get my head around a certain question, and the book had no help there.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 11:13:51 PM »

I'd say it's not especially helpful. For the most part it only addresses the general setups, but doesn't tackle individual questions.  So I see the book as being very incomplete.  The few times I've gone to refer to it was to get my head around a certain question, and the book had no help there.

For me, once I had the setup, the questions were pretty easy.  But I guess everyone's different. 

Do the setups explain necessary inferences at all?