Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do any of these posts terrify anyone else?  (Read 3069 times)

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do any of these posts terrify anyone else?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »

Yes, I imagine this will also shut some of them down. Basically, I think a lot of "overachievers" are used to getting good grades and it is through grades they define themselves. This might be a function of youth and/or insecurity. Maybe they haven't had other experiences in life with which to define themselves. At the end of the day, you will have LOTS of people used to getting As and Bs with only so many As and Bs to go around.
I'm glad I was a C student in '98.  I have no where to go but up. heh heh he! ;D
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
but, i read some of the comments or something around here and i CRINGE sometimes.

In school, 1L grades really help deflate some egos.   :D

Seriously. You will have to put up with for a bit. But once first semester is over, and grades are out, people shut the hell up. Unless you have one of the very few a-hole classmates who can actually walk the walk AND talk the talk, but they are pretty rare.

The ones who are so SURE they are correct about everything they say, from how to study for the LSAT, to what jobs you can get from school X, to how you must prepare for 1L, are most often the ones that are most devastated after grades come out. The thing about law school is there are no right answers, so if you’re used to thinking your right all the time, and that the world is black/white, law school can be a really tough adjustment to make.

Now you are getting quite close to maybe all slathered with a little grey area.
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
Sanjaya has concerts?

oh hell to the yeah he does! he should be on the eagerly anticipated AI tour in a town near you right now. just follow the sound of writhing preteen girls...and boys.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
OP might have been talking about you...

Yeah, that's why I got involved in the thread. In reality, I'm probably the most sophisticated and professional person on this thing. I was eating Grey Poupon before the commercials were released and I regularly exceed the expectations of my clients. I think drugs are cool and I listen to rock & roll music that I steal from the internet. I don't eat fast-food and I like my coffee with a little cream. If you want me to get serious mofo I'll get serious!!! I've got a thesis & publication examining the incluence of file-sharig on artistic production in the music industry that would make you *&^% blood from your nose. The problem here isn't me man...it's all these people that think they know what the law is. The law isn't all fancy suits and trust funds man so you best prepare yourself.

By the way Hank, you should check out a band called Menomena from Portland. Gauging from the album covers you post I think you would enjoy. Two great albums Friend & Foe and I am the Fun Blame Monster

http://www.menomena.com/menu2.html or http://www.menomena.com/

Hah, well FWIW, I've always found you kind of annoying, but amusing as well.  Just like most of the posters here (Andrew, Gengis, goalie, cal, red).  As I've said before, there are two who I do think take themselves way too seriously and are too self-righteous.

Sanjaya has concerts?

oh hell to the yeah he does! he should be on the eagerly anticipated AI tour in a town near you right now. just follow the sound of writhing preteen girls...and boys.

I see.   
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »
OP might have been talking about you...

Yeah, that's why I got involved in the thread. In reality, I'm probably the most sophisticated and professional person on this thing. I was eating Grey Poupon before the commercials were released and I regularly exceed the expectations of my clients. I think drugs are cool and I listen to rock & roll music that I steal from the internet. I don't eat fast-food and I like my coffee with a little cream. If you want me to get serious mofo I'll get serious!!! I've got a thesis & publication examining the incluence of file-sharig on artistic production in the music industry that would make you *&^% blood from your nose. The problem here isn't me man...it's all these people that think they know what the law is. The law isn't all fancy suits and trust funds man so you best prepare yourself.

By the way Hank, you should check out a band called Menomena from Portland. Gauging from the album covers you post I think you would enjoy. Two great albums Friend & Foe and I am the Fun Blame Monster

http://www.menomena.com/menu2.html or http://www.menomena.com/

Hah, well FWIW, I've always found you kind of annoying, but amusing as well.  Just like most of the posters here (Andrew, Gengis, goalie, cal, red).  As I've said before, there are two who I do think take themselves way too seriously and are too self-righteous.

Sanjaya has concerts?

I see.   

I do give real advice every once in a while when I think the poster deserves it. What about Menomena?
"I would make it my business to be a third wheel."

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »
Listening to Menomena now on MySpace.  Pretty good; I plan on getting some new music soon, and I'll put it on my list. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.