Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 1 or Tier 2 with money???  (Read 6429 times)

NYU3point0

• View Profile
Re: Tier 1 or Tier 2 with money???
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 01:00:47 PM »
Lol @ advising to go to Fordham for someone wanting to work in California.

Another sterling example of why 98% of the advice here is worthless.

The guy is largely correct. I know for a fact that L&W has more associates from Fordham than they do from Loyola Law. Just check the associates page. Fordham will place people out in Cali if they rank relatively well. Going to Loyola as a way to break into the Cali market rather than going to Fordham is a huge mistake. Loyola's placement is abysmal. Vault firms would rather hire Fordham grads rather than Loyola grads (who only went there because they couldn't get into a powerhouse like ucla). HTH

filet o' fish

• Sr. Citizen
  • yum.
    • View Profile
Goaliechica
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Goaliechica
"Would you listen to me? Filet O' Fish."
"Filet a' Fish."

"No."

"I don't quite understand."

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 09:08:19 PM »
Lol @ advising to go to Fordham for someone wanting to work in California.

Another sterling example of why 98% of the advice here is worthless.

The guy is largely correct. I know for a fact that L&W has more associates from Fordham than they do from Loyola Law. Just check the associates page. Fordham will place people out in Cali if they rank relatively well. Going to Loyola as a way to break into the Cali market rather than going to Fordham is a huge mistake. Loyola's placement is abysmal. Vault firms would rather hire Fordham grads rather than Loyola grads (who only went there because they couldn't get into a powerhouse like ucla). HTH

Dude..you are so full of $hit. I went to the Latham and Watkins page. Yes, more Fordham grads are employed by L&W. (15) BUT THEY ARE ALL BASED IN NEW YORK (with one in China)!!!! NONE WORK OUT OF CALIFORNIA!!!

7 Loyola Law grads are employed by L&W in California. (and there is another who works in Chicago for a grand total of 8 employed by L&W). So it seems that Fordham will NOT place in California (going by L&W's standards) as well as Loyola.

God you are such an idiot.

To the OP, go to Loyola if you want to work in Cali. And never listen to NYO3point0 for advice. He's a total flame poster.

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »

Yes, more Fordham grads are employed by L&W. (15) BUT THEY ARE ALL BASED IN NEW YORK (with one in China)!!!! NONE WORK OUT OF CALIFORNIA!!!

Maybe they just didn't want to go to CA. They like NY.
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777