Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: discouraged by the loyola la campus  (Read 2550 times)

losangles18

• View Profile
    • Email
discouraged by the loyola la campus
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »
did anyone else hate the campus?? is it dangerous? what about driving home late at night? If anyone reads this who goes there...do you like it?

anappgzs

• View Profile
Re: discouraged by the loyola la campus
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »
I visited the campus last week and I was also disappointed.  But, my undergrad school was as they say, "hella fugly," and I went to a privare high in the middle of the ghetto.  I'm used to both so it really will not matter as long as good people and places to go exist.

GiggityGiggity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
I visited the campus and thought that it was lacking, too. It's strange because some people think it's awesome since it's got more than just one building like most law schools

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »
Its a Frank Gehry building!

also, this is a really good screen name, and I am surprised no one has taken it yet
I visited the campus and thought that it was lacking, too. It's strange because some people think it's awesome since it's got more than just one building like most law schools
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Dangerous? Are you serious? It's in Uptown. While there will always be some danger associated with New Orleans, the law school's in one of the safer parts of New Orleans.

Oh and most law school's aren't awesome looking anyway. Loyola's would be a lot better if it was on the main campus, but it's not like it's hideous or anything.

did anyone else hate the campus?? is it dangerous? what about driving home late at night? If anyone reads this who goes there...do you like it?

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
Dangerous? Are you serious? It's in Uptown. While there will always be some danger associated with New Orleans, the law school's in one of the safer parts of New Orleans.

Oh and most law school's aren't awesome looking anyway. Loyola's would be a lot better if it was on the main campus, but it's not like it's hideous or anything.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Loyola in LA
Boalt 3L

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
But Louisiana abbreviates to LA! God, Loyola!
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »

That's also true.  Based on the OP's name, I figured it was Loyola in Los Angeles.
Boalt 3L

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »

That's also true.  Based on the OP's name, I figured it was Loyola in Los Angeles.

Yes but!

I don't know.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

Yes but!

I don't know.

Haha, yeah, I guess we're better off letting the OP explain which Loyola he's referring to.
Boalt 3L