Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings waiting list  (Read 761 times)

Ihateferns

• View Profile
Hastings waiting list
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
I was wait listed at Hastings in March, got an e-mail asking if I was still interested a week before the start of June, and now nothing. It's impossible for me to visit the school, and I've sent an additional letter of recommendation along with some professional updates. I've read on LSN that a few people have gotten off the waiting list within a few days of responding to the continuing interest inquiry. Should I take the school's silence as an imminent rejection?

kulrythm

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hastings waiting list
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:55:49 AM »
I was admitted to Hastings after several months of being waitlisted.  I did not contact them or send a letter of continued interest yet.  So, I was pretty surprised.  After paying the deposit last week, today, I withdrew.  So, at least one spot has opened up today.  Also, as other people are admitted to better schools, there will be a trickle-down effect and more people will be admitted to Hastings. 

My view is that you shouldn't count on the waitlist, but you shouldn't assume it's hopeless either.  A friend of my brother was enrolled at American Law, had started moving into her apartment, and the day before classes started at GW Law, they called her and admitted her.  She started there the next day. 

misschar

• View Profile

Ihateferns

• View Profile
Re: Hastings waiting list
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:23:27 AM »
Thanks for the information.

I guess I was passed up for admission this round since it sounds like people hear very shortly after receiving the e-mail gauging wait listers' continued interest. Sigh.