Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Fitness Thread  (Read 1568 times)

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Fitness Thread
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:19:56 AM »
For those of you who belong to gyms, how much do your memberships cost?  I recently bought a  two-week trial membership to New York Sports Club and it was only $20, but to join normall you have to pay a $50 initial fee, a $50 "card fee" and then ~$50 a month.  Way too expensive!  I haven't really checked out any other clubs, but are most this expensive?  Anyone know of any cheap national chains or local gyms in the NYC area?  THx

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 03:30:43 AM »
For those of you who belong to gyms, how much do your memberships cost?  I recently bought a  two-week trial membership to New York Sports Club and it was only $20, but to join normall you have to pay a $50 initial fee, a $50 "card fee" and then ~$50 a month.  Way too expensive!  I haven't really checked out any other clubs, but are most this expensive?  Anyone know of any cheap national chains or local gyms in the NYC area?  THx

Dang that IS expensive...but then again I dont really know the going rate for membership to national chains anyhow...my local gym in LA is
$20 a month, no contract, no membership fees, yep, you just pay $20 a month. Pay as you go. And of course you pay for what you get -the machines may not be up-to-date but they work! LOL ...and between paying my trainer and all I can't afford a membership at 24 Hours, Bally's yada yada yada....

I didn't really answer your question....just a comment on all the money you have to put down towards membership fees at national chains... :(

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
www.sparkspeople.com  is really good too!  check it out and its free to join!  keeps everything nicely organized too!

I agree.  I was using it for a while and it really kept me in check with the food and exercise journals.  The I got lazy and stopped using it...  Yeah, I need to get back to that.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 02:39:05 PM »
<== gymaholic.  Though my days of power cleaning and doing snatches are over, I will murder a treadmill 3-5 days a week if I can't get outside for a jog. I pay $30/month in downtown DC.

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 02:53:16 PM »
<== gymaholic.  Though my days of power cleaning and doing snatches are over, I will murder a treadmill 3-5 days a week if I can't get outside for a jog. I pay $30/month in downtown DC.

Now THAT price a month is not bad at all. but when you say 50 or 100 dollars a month....geeez!

I wish I can take up jogging outdoors....probably would save me some money (yeah I'm looking to scrimp and save anywhere I can :D)....the big bucks haven't rolled in yet.lol.

BUT I need folks around and music blasting to keep me pumped....

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

really? where is that cheap here?!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 03:48:21 PM »

really? where is that cheap here?!

At the job.  Before joining my current gym I used to go to RESULTS on capitol hill. I paid closer to $50 there (more if you want access to the U st. location too)....grateful to be paying less now.