Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Fitness Thread  (Read 1566 times)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The Fitness Thread
« on: June 25, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »
X

jdhu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Fitness Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »
haha, if you didn't have 4000+ posts, one would think you were a sales rep for Body Flex...

I do plan on going to the gym every day or at least 3-4 times a week if possible.  I like being fit, it feels good and I have more energy than if I am lazy.

Jogging sucks.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »
Good thread Monica...hopefully I learn some good info about this stuff bc i definitely don't want to get any bigger than i am while is ls.
Columbia 3L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:49:44 AM »
Heh, so it may be ironic for me to be starting this thread (right now, at least), but I was curious what, if anything, y'all do to stay/get fit. What kinds of workouts do you do? How often? Do you vary them?

I'm kind of off-and-on at the moment - more on right now, but I went this whole school year and did virtually nothing. I like exercising in gyms, but the time constraints and irregular schedule of this past year of law school ruined me. I am going to try to do better, but I was also considering trying a shorter workout. I'm sort of interested in this:

Shapely Secrets: http://www.shapelysecrets.com/

It used to be called Body Flex, but some modifications were made and they changed the name. You don't move around - it uses special breathing techniques and stuff, or so I've heard. The infomercial has been on for years! No way is it going to work as well as it says, but I've read a lot of reviews and it seems to work reasonably well, and 7 minutes per day is unbeatable. Not doing as much cardio is unfortunate, but at least I'd almost certainly be able to make time for this. I find the purveyor of this program annoying. Anyone ever heard of it/used it? What do y'all do?

I looked at the webpage and (imo) it sounds a little nutty!  Definitely gimmicky!  But even if it does work, it's only strength training, which means that you'll still have to fit in some cardio.  Otherwise you'll just build muscles that you won't be able to see because fat will cover them.

As for my workout plan, right now I walk/jog outside.  There are some good hills near my house, so that helps to up the workout.  I like going to the gym, but am not about to pay $1,400 a year, so that'll have to wait until law school.  My fav method of working out is classes, because it keeps me motivated without getting bored.  I would like to add more strength training, but always feel a little lost.  I'm considering joining the Body by Glamour (http://www.glamour.com/bbg/welcome) plan, because they help you to customise a workout based on your goals and fitness level.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

iman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »
i have mostly spent my exercise time running. i had been running like 2-3 miles 5 days a week. sometimes more. finals took me off my schedule, but i'm trying to get back on it. when i get back in the fall, my goal is to take a swimming class two days a week and run 3 days/wk. swimming was so cool last year. i am not that great of a swimmer, but i really could feel the changes in my abs after taking a semester long swim class. i also really like yoga. i took a yoga flexible strength class my first year and since then i try to go to the drop in yoga classes a few times/semester. usually around finals b/c it helps me to clear my head as well.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »
Great genes.  ;D
Look to the left -- Look to the right

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »
I'm planning on working out at least four times a week.  I will find a way to fit it into my schedule.  Maybe early morning or late night (I do have a three year 24 hour fitness membership lol).....

e-redwood

• " Just Do You"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:57:47 AM »
www.sparkspeople.com  is really good too!  check it out and its free to join!  keeps everything nicely organized too!

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:48 AM »
Dont let this thread DIE!! LOL

I currently work out in the gym 5 days a week for two hours a day - one hour with my trainer followed by another hour of a low impact or high impact (depending on the day) aerobics class. Ok, I'm a bit obssessed with fitness and staying healthy but nowadays I would think one would need to be.....anywayz, come this fall, I probably will not be working out two hours a day for obvious reasons but I am a tad bit concerned with scheduling time for workouts :-\.....I do NOT want to gain back the weight I've lost...took me a whole damn year (sigh)

On a side note, swimming as Iman pointed out is a GREAT excercise, you MUST work every muscle in your body, talk about a great workout.... :)

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:03 AM »
haha, if you didn't have 4000+ posts, one would think you were a sales rep for Body Flex...

I do plan on going to the gym every day or at least 3-4 times a week if possible.  I like being fit, it feels good and I have more energy than if I am lazy.
Jogging sucks.

Same here!!