Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm finally starting to get games  (Read 1807 times)

Matthew_24_24

I'm finally starting to get games
« on: September 19, 2004, 11:58:41 PM »
Linear games with not rules are now a breeze...
Advanced Linear games are becoming way easier now that i reuse the main diagram if there are lots of elements involved (which seems to be really common)
My grouping skills still arent great but they are getting better.

I might just be peaking at the right time!

Cross my fingers!

Matt

tjordan90

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: I'm finally starting to get games
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 12:13:17 AM »
Congrats, nobody deserves it more.  I'm starting to get games as well.  How are you with unbalanced (underfunded/overloaded) advanced linear games?  I've been able to get my times in balanced games to about 6-7min per game, to leave me extra time for grouping games, although unbalanced games still give me problems.  I'm hoping for 4 basic linear, balanced games on Preptest 44.
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 12:19:13 AM »
i'm actually pretty decent at underfunded games, unbalanced games. 

overloaded are still tough for me.

Matt

dr_draino

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 12:20:46 AM »
I still find lots of humor value in reading the PS descriptions of games.  I sometimes wonder if I am working different LSATs because I couldn't even begin to imagine what an "underfunded" or "unbalanced" game would be like...

AaronJ

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 12:24:13 AM »
Matt,

Feels good does'nt it.  

I have a game for you that you may or may not have done that will really test you're metal.
I have a technique that can be applied to this game and others like it that will reduce them to nothing.  Give December of 1997 game #3 a go and then let me know if you already know the trick.  If not  I'd be willing to share.

zxcvbnm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 12:30:35 AM »
Matt,

Feels good does'nt it.  

I have a game for you that you may or may not have done that will really test you're metal.
I have a technique that can be applied to this game and others like it that will reduce them to nothing.  Give December of 1997 game #3 a go and then let me know if you already know the trick.  If not  I'd be willing to share.

Hmm. I just took this one today. It's the game with the two textbook reviewers, right? What's your technique? I didn't find it especially tough, I think I got -1 from a dumb error. The last game seemed a lot tougher, though that might've been due to time crunch as I got them all right.

AaronJ

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 12:32:07 AM »
Hmm. I just took this one today. It's the game with the two textbook reviewers, right? What's your technique? I didn't find it especially tough, I think I got -1 from a dumb error. The last game seemed a lot tougher, though that might've been due to time crunch as I got them all right.

Nope.  The game I am talking about involves treatments and illnesses.

dr_draino

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 12:56:36 AM »
Well, then you're talking about the 4th game in Dec. 97.

Nope.  The game I am talking about involves treatments and illnesses.

AaronJ

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 12:57:15 AM »
Thank God you spoke up!!  Yes, Game 4.

tjordan90

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 05:07:15 PM »
Alright, I just gave game 4 of PrepTest 24 another shot and I had trouble with it.  What is your trick AaronJ?
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.