Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western...  (Read 1503 times)

JABwaka

• View Profile
    • Email
Case Western...
« on: March 10, 2004, 11:35:25 AM »
I recently received a response from Case Western, a school for which my application fee was waived. They put me on a "special" hold list.  They said it was similar to a waitlist but has a higher status/priority.
I have also received an acceptance letter and scholarship money (a significant amount) from Hofstra and need to let them know mid Apr. about accepting their offer.

I was wondering how people felt Case compared to Hoftsra.  It is much higher on the new rankings.

Also, given the following list of schools in addition to the forementioned, which do you think are worth the investment?

Amer U.
William and Mary
Rutgers
Seton Hall
UMaryland
URich

Thank you :)

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Case Western...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 01:25:33 PM »
Are you in at all of those schools? 
If so, I would say definitely go to William & Mary.  It's cheap and it's by far the best school of the bunch.

The next best are probably Case, American and Maryland.  Case and Maryland are great if you're interested in Health Law.

Where do you want to practice?
These are all regional schools so you should probably go where you want to practice. American or W&M for DC, Maryland for Baltimore, Hofstra or Rutgers for NYC, etc...

I hope this helps.

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 05:57:28 PM »
Just to throw in my $.02, I wouldn't count on Case Western.  They put me on the hold list too, but it didn't seem like it was anything near sure.  It also seemed like they were either very selective this year, or used criteria that differed from other schools.  I was accepted and received aid at schools with a higher rank.  I didn't want to go to Case, but can you tell I'm annoyed. 
Anyway, I'm done venting.  Good Luck with your decision!

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:48:29 PM »
I agree with Kattie.  I am still waiting on them as well.

BrieGersh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:31:31 PM »
Hey all... I am still waiting on Case as well as Hofstra. Good luck to all of you! - Brie