Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I get my nose pierced again?  (Read 412 times)

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Should I get my nose pierced again?
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
So, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced again and putting in a really small stud that I can take out when necessary (and which would be hardly noticeable when in anyway).

Thoughts??
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

GraphiteDirigible

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I get my nose pierced again?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »
So, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced again and putting in a really small stud that I can take out when necessary (and which would be hardly noticeable when in anyway).

Thoughts??

Absolutely.
Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head
I put 'em back in the jacket of the one I love
Carry that velvet sack full of pretty colored marbles
And I'll ask you for 'em back, when I'm ready and done

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »
I'm not sure what the question is (I'm not being snarky - I'm really not sure.)  If you've had it done before, you're probably not asking about aftercare or jewelry recommendations.  Do you mean in terms of job stuff?

I have my nostril pierced and it hasn't been an issue at all.  I'm doing a summer fellowship in DC and no one has batted an eyelash.  I didn't apply for any SA positions, but I've spoken to several SAs with nostril piercings since I've been in DC.  They all said that no one has cared and they've worn the jewelry on the job, but I think that they all recommended taking it out for interviews.  
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
I'm not sure what the question is (I'm not being snarky - I'm really not sure.)  If you've had it done before, you're probably not asking about aftercare or jewelry recommendations. Do you mean in terms of job stuff?
Yes, I mean in terms of jobs (hence my noting that it would be hardly noticeable jewelry). Sorry I wasn't clear.

The only reason I have concerns is bc there was a thread some time ago about tattoos and I was really surprised by some people's reactions to tattoos that were seen accidentally (like lower-back tattoos on women who leaned over). I guess I just think it's (tattoos and piercing) no big deal so I tend to forget that some people don't think it is acceptable.

I am really happy you to hear you say that you don't think yours has been a problem since I REALLY miss mine.

The hottest chicks go to UMiami

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »
Yeah, I've had mine for a few years and it was never an issue professionally.  I NEVER took it out for work - even when I was interviewing or going to an arbitration or a negotiation.  No one ever cared, or at least not enough so that I found out about it. 

Of course, I'm from NYC so the standards may be a little different.  But I go to law school in the midwest and it hasn't been a problem there either.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
it sounds like you're going the subtle route, which is always good in a professsional environment. I'm actually afraid that my outrageous taste in earrings will screw me over in interviews (but i love big earrings so much!)

i digress. My sis is in medical school and she goes to rounds everyday and she has a very nice little stud in her nose and it's a non-issue. For some reason i think the medical profession as even more conservative (style-wise) than law, so i figure you're safe.

that said, a huge nose pericing might be pushing it.

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
Yeah, I've had mine for a few years and it was never an issue professionally.  I NEVER took it out for work - even when I was interviewing or going to an arbitration or a negotiation.  No one ever cared, or at least not enough so that I found out about it. 

Of course, I'm from NYC so the standards may be a little different.  But I go to law school in the midwest and it hasn't been a problem there either.

I was under the impression AA had annexed itself from the midwest.
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
Totally.  It serves you.  To add to Jolie's comments, it may prove to be a professional asset by demonstrating that you care about image, competently operate in several sub-cultures and have confidence.
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)