Law School Discussion

2008 Apps

Re: 2008 Apps
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
I've been studying on and off for a long time, since I had intended to take the June test (but couldn't get into any test centers within 200 miles).  My plan is to log several hours with a tutor to work on the logic games (the only section I don't feel confident about) and take at least 10 timed practice tests before the real test - I know they're not a perfect indicator, but I do pretty well in testing situations and every time I've taken a standardized test with a strong idea of what I was going to get, that prediction was dead-on.  Held true for SAT, GRE, and GRE Subject in Literature (when I thought I was going to get a PhD in English..)

Still, it's hard not to feel like I'll be careening around in the dark until right before I'll be applying, when the magical light that is my LSAT score will illuminate everything for me.

October LSAT stil sin't late. You'll be able to do early application or ED with a bunch of schools with an october score.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 09:50:05 AM »
I've been studying on and off for a long time, since I had intended to take the June test (but couldn't get into any test centers within 200 miles).  My plan is to log several hours with a tutor to work on the logic games (the only section I don't feel confident about) and take at least 10 timed practice tests before the real test - I know they're not a perfect indicator, but I do pretty well in testing situations and every time I've taken a standardized test with a strong idea of what I was going to get, that prediction was dead-on.  Held true for SAT, GRE, and GRE Subject in Literature (when I thought I was going to get a PhD in English..)

Still, it's hard not to feel like I'll be careening around in the dark until right before I'll be applying, when the magical light that is my LSAT score will illuminate everything for me.

October LSAT stil sin't late. You'll be able to do early application or ED with a bunch of schools with an october score.

agreed...Biicolage, you can check my lsn in my sig, but i took the 9/30 test last year and sent most of my apps off by 11/1 (and could have been sooner but i waited til the last min to fix my resume). i applied in time for EA deadlines tho i didn't use them.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 09:56:49 AM »

agreed...Biicolage, you can check my lsn in my sig, but i took the 9/30 test last year and sent most of my apps off by 11/1 (and could have been sooner but i waited til the last min to fix my resume). i applied in time for EA deadlines tho i didn't use them.

And everything ended up pretty well for you.   :-*

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 10:00:13 AM »

yup, bc we will be classmates  :-*

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »

yup, bc we will be classmates  :-*

Lesson of the day: apply early and get the best classmates! 

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »

Lesson of the day: apply early and get the best most gunnerish classmates! 

Fixed your post ;D ;D ;D

If Jem/MCB and I are gunners, who wouldn't want to be a gunner?

???

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 04:55:23 AM »
I'll be applying this fall. Does anyone know when schools will start sending out merit-based fee waivers to encourage us to apply?

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 05:27:05 AM »
Tag, and Sink, I think we both are applying to the same schools. (Vandy + Emory + all the DC/VA schools)  :)

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 06:09:03 AM »
I'll be applying this fall. Does anyone know when schools will start sending out merit-based fee waivers to encourage us to apply?

after you take the lsat...make sure you set your lsdas profile to allow schools to contact you, that is the only way you will get good waivers

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:49 AM »
Tag, and Sink, I think we both are applying to the same schools. (Vandy + Emory + all the DC/VA schools)  :)

Looks like it. I think I'll sprinkle in some Chicago-area schools, as well (UIUC, ND, WUSTL), for good measure.