Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 35476 times)

bsuba8

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2007, 11:52:36 AM »
I'm still waiting on a call from Southwestern or Chapman and its getting pretty close to august 20th anyone have any information on whether or not its pretty full or if I won't get a call? Thanks

mslawstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
I haven't been able to get any information from Chapman's admissions office - they just asked to be patient since some applicants on the waitlist opt to be removed or select another law school so the make-up of the waitlist pool is changing almost daily which prevents them from being able to make a forecast about any one applicant.  They said they are reviewing files each day and notifications will be sent out to those selected up until the class is filled, which could be as late as August  :-\

bsuba8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
I've received a letter from Chapman today and was taken off the waitlist... My current Dilemna now is whether to still wait for Southwestern which they told me could open up more spots during the week of August 13th(Their Orientation)

Additionally, I'm slated to attend Cal Western this fall. Any thoughts on whether there is a significant advantage to going to either school?

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2007, 05:45:17 PM »
Come on over to Chapman! I really wanted to go to Cal Western but was rejected before I updated my transcripts.  To be honest, I am glad I am going to Chapman over Cal Western.  CW is stagant, and will not be moving up in the rankings.  Chapman is young and full of potential.  Also, I have heard of the dreaded curve at CW accompanied by a high attrition rate.

If you go to nalp.org and search law firms that hire from different law schools you will see that Chapman, after only 12 years of being in business, has a good share of firms in Orange County.  In California, Chapman has a higher bar passage rate for 1st time takers.

Median salary is higher too.  Of course my opinion is biased.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2007, 03:58:48 PM »
Nancy, I was just switched into section C... so yay, I'll actually kind of no someone... Look for the girl with red curly hair who looks new to LA... Starting the drive shortly, and I'll be in town Friday.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2007, 11:57:26 PM »
And I'm living in Hollywood near the Hollywood and Highland complex.

cacciato18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2007, 02:13:14 AM »
anyone else here in section A at southwestern?  i can't believe we are starting on monday...

with regard to the waitlist, i suspect that several spots will become available during this next week as they determine section sizes.

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »
oh gawd I'm on both waitlists now
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

magic615

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
I was waitlisted at Chapman, just got the letter last week.  Does anyone know how many on waitlist and odds of acceptance?

happycamper

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2009, 07:41:14 PM »
Is anyone out there in the same situation this cycle?