Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 34280 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »
It just said to submit final info for review.  I'm wondering if this is a good sign or just a form sent out to everyone waitlisted.  I don't want to get my hopes up because I really have to sign a lease and go on second interviews for jobs.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
I think it was an email sent out to everyone on the waitlist.  Seemed pretty generic and said that if those people who had remained on the waitlist had already made final plans to let them know.  They are probably trying to find out who has stayed on the waitlist and who has serious intentions of attending if offered a spot.  I think they should have sent this out awhile ago though since everything seems to be coming down to the last minute!

Darlinalexi-Are you gonna stay on and hold out a bit longer or have you decided to just wait until next year?

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »
Hey Cali,

Well... last night I had a good cry and have pretty much resolved that I'm staying in Tallahassee. I've interviewed for 3 jobs.  I'm looking for apartments.

If I get a job and find an apartment, I'm taking it. If Southwestern calls me before I sign a lease, I'll go.  I'm officially on the waitlist until the 30th.  I wrote the Dean and explained my situation and that I could not wait much longer so please let me know if they are honestly not interested because I just don't have the resources to pick up and move.  I was ready to withdraw today, but since I have yet to find that apartment and I assume that email is indicative of some kind of waitlist activity, I'll stay on until I finalize other plans.

And basically I am numb.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »
Darlin- I really hope everything works out for the best and that you get a place at Southwestern this year!  Do you know where you would live if you do get in?  It sucks waiting around like this.  I am currently in California on vacation and I would LOVE it if they would give me a real decision about the FT soon so I could find an apartment while I'm here.

But eitherway I hope they let you know something soon. 

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »
So I've decided that I will be attending Southwestern Part-Time this fall.  I really wanted full-time but after talking to admissions today they informed me that no decisions will me made until the very end of July/beginning of August and I just can't wait that long to find housing and move.  Also there was no guarantee that I would be able to still have a part time spot if not offered a full time one.  So I figured, why jeopordize an opportunity when I can just go part time and then transfer to full time next year.  So now I have to find an apartment in LA!  Anyone have any suggestions? 

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:43 AM »
Cali-
Did they say no decisions on any full-time or just in your case?

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
Caleb called me at 12:55 eastern today! I'm into full-time. 

Cali- Best of luck, new classmate!!!

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
Caleb called me at 12:55 eastern today! I'm into full-time. 

Cali- Best of luck, new classmate!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2007, 06:20:09 PM »
Hi, congrats on your acceptance to SW.  I just completed my first yr here (havent been on this board for a while) and will be happy to answer any questions you may have, in terms of the school, professors, summer jobs, and pretty much anything I guess.  Enjoy the rest of your summer relaxing!

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »
Thanks so much for the love, everyone. I was going to withdraw, take a job in another law admissions office, and sign a lease this afternoon.  This came at the absolutely best time.  I really wish luck to those still in limbo.

Skeptic- where would you recommend living? I want to live on the metro, and I was looking at Mid-Wilshire or Koreatown if I could.  Are those areas safe?

I can't wait to get my schedule and financial aid stuff and everything...yay.