Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 35292 times)

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
Re: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »
Caligirl:

As for health insurance, you might want to think about a PPO from ehealthinsurance.com.  They find you the lowest rate based on your needs. You can get, for example, Blue Cross or Blue Shield and it isn't too horrible in price.  My monthly cost for the duration of school will be about $160 per month.  Just another cost of living expense, really.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 07:40:36 PM »
See the thing is, I'm only 21 so still covered under my dad's insurance as long as I'm a full time student.  I'd really like to keep that insurance until I'm 23 if possible.  I didn't want to go to law school part time but said I'd consider it at Southwestern since it was my top choice.  After they called me today, I called my insurance to find out exactly what classifies as "full time" and they don't have a credit amt (ie 12 credits a semester) they just said they have to have a letter from the school saying you are enrolled full-time.  So, if Southwestern can offer me a full time spot I would prefer that for many reasons, and if they can't then I'll have to decide if it's worth just waiting a year and reapplying or finding new insurance-which I know my dad doesn't like the idea of.  So, I'll just wait and see what they tell me.  Thanks for the info though Nancy, I might have to check it out!  My mom died of breast cancer a couple months ago so insurance is super important now more than ever for my dad haha...well, as it should be for everyone I guess.  Anyways, I'm crossing my fingers that none of this will even be necessary and they will offer me a full time spot.  Thanks for the help!

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »
Oh, I am so sorry about your mother.  I lost my sister to a heart attack five years ago, so I know what you mean about the added importance of health insurance.  Hang in there; I am sure the school will work it out for you.  (I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, etc.)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
Cali--- Goodluck... btw, did the number come up as "no number" or as the actual number on your cell?

Also, I am signing a lease in Florida on Wednesday.  So if I don't hear by then, it's another year for me.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 01:26:51 AM »
Nancy-Thanks, yeah it was hard especially because I'm so young and an only child.  :-\

Darlinalexi- The actual number came up on my cell phone and Southwestern Law came up on my home phone's caller id.  I hope you hear something soon!

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
Nancy-Thanks, yeah it was hard especially because I'm so young and an only child.  :-\

Darlinalexi- The actual number came up on my cell phone and Southwestern Law came up on my home phone's caller id.  I hope you hear something soon!

Thanks for the encouragement and best of luck to you!  I have a chronic health condition that requires I keep good insurance (one reason I didn't list PT as an option), and so I feel your pain.  Hopefully we'll be classmates and they'll let us know before the weekend.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
Did anyone else get an email from Southwestern today?

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:28 AM »
Yep, I got it.

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 02:29:42 AM »
Got the email too.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 03:23:27 AM »
Did anyone else get an email from Southwestern today?

Out of curiosity, what did the e-mail say?
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN