Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 35277 times)

misschar

• View Profile
Re: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »
Nancy- did you check out the apartments in Glendale? They have much better prices than places in LA and since you would be driving against traffic Glendale is only about 20-30 minutes away.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »
I just got a call offering me a Part-Time spot  ???...ugh, now I have some decisions to make.

piatkowski

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »
I received a phone call one 7/11 saying that I was accepted from the wait list.  I called Southwestern today and asked whether or not there was a possibility to receive scholarship funds.  They told me that most of the scholarship funds have already been offered to other applicants.  I plan on calling tomorrow 7/13 and letting them know that I will not be attending Southwestern this fall. 

bsuba8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
sorry to hear that cali... did they say you could transfer to the day program after a year or two?

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »
I can transfer after a year but it will take 3.5 to graduate then.  I talked to them a lot and with insurance stuff it would be hard to do part time so they are checking for a full time spot right now.  They should be calling me back either by the end of today or early tomorrow.  I'm soooooo nervous, like pacing around frantically and shaking and omg now im rambling haha.  Wish me luck!

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:35 PM »
Oh wow!  Congrats on Loyola!  I hope I get that spot too haha!  Good luck next year  :)

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:30 PM »
Well I just got a call back and the admissions guy said that they would be reviewing all of my file either Friday or Monday so he will call me by Wednesday of next week with a decision.  Ahhh!  This wait is killing me.  I just wish I could have a yes or no already!  I'll let you know what happens.

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 07:10:56 PM »
good luck Cali!   Did you list full-time as your #1 option and part-time #2???

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 07:19:21 PM »
Nancy- did you check out the apartments in Glendale? They have much better prices than places in LA and since you would be driving against traffic Glendale is only about 20-30 minutes away.

Thanks for the thought!  I am attempting to secure a place in Pasadena for free - thanks to the extreme kindness and generosity of a dear friend.  If I decide to take him up on his offer, I will keep my seat.  If not, it is just too much money to owe for someone my age (37 in Sept.)

Good luck Caligirl!!  Darlinalexi: If I give up my seat on Monday, I sure hope you get it - or even better - I hope they just give you one tomorrow!

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »
NewKirk- Yes, I had FT as 1 and PT as 2.