Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 34931 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Chapman/Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
I'm about ready to give up and just take the year off.  I can't have my life in limbo much longer.  If I am staying in Florida, I have to sign a lease soon.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean...I just want to know what I'm doing next year already!!  I just really don't want to go through this whole application process and waiting game again next year  >:(

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »
thank you!

... it does beg the question, though, of why they didn't just cancel their applications...

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »
That's true. The deposit of $600 was due early June, and they kept sending registration and new student material up until yesterday. BUT at least they're doing something about it now?

Good luck to all those waitlisted! I'm still waiting on my first choice... So I definitely know how it feels!

Good luck to you and thanks for the info.  Where are you waiting on?  Did the letter they sent out give them one more chance or an extended deadline?  Or was it just like "you didn't pay so we are giving you the boot..."

kd17

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »
On LSN, looks like 3 people got accepted to Chapman off the waitlist.  I'm still waiting though!  Hopefully, we will know by the end of this week.  Thanks for posting the update you got today Caligirl!

bsuba8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 05:48:56 AM »
piatowski from this forum just yesterday I believe his post is in the acceptances board about whether he hsould go to southwestsern or la verne with $$$$

Good luck to everyone else waiting for Southwestern I'm always checking my phone for any missed calls or any emails hahah

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Darlinlexi and Caligirl,

would either of you consider attending part-time?

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 12:45:25 PM »
Well, I hate to say it, but I am seriously considering withdrawing from SW.  So, perhaps, my seat will be available by Monday.  Sadly, my financial circumstances have changed since I applied.  After figuring out what I'll borrow and owe, my situation sucks.  My monthly payments will be about $2200 for 10 years.  This is not really feasible for living in Los Angeles.  I called the school to see if there is any way to obtain any scholarship money and was told that "it has all been disbursed." (Probably a lie since others are being enticed with $ to commit.)

Anyway, this is all starting to sound insane to me.  I guess we all have to ask ourselves what we are willing to do to make law school a reality.  I strongly encourage anyone who is paying top dollar to go to school (like me) where the market is pricey (Cost of Living in LA is nuts) to consider what it will be like to have a huge loan payment for 10 years...

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »
Darlinlexi and Caligirl,

would either of you consider attending part-time?

No, I'm not interested in part time.

And Nancy, I'm sorry to hear that.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
Aww, Nancy I'm sorry to hear that- I hope everything works out for you.

I wasn't really wanting a part-time positions but I might consider it if it was all I was offered.  I have a few things that I would need to figure out such as insurance.  I'm only 21 so still under my parents insurance but if I'm not a full-time student that changes so I would need to figure that out.  Also, I'd want to make sure that I could transfer to full-Time the following and be able to take summer school or something to allow me to graduate in 3 years.  So hopefully I'll just get a full time spot and won't have to worry about all that other stuff!