Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist.. next step...HELP???  (Read 961 times)

button

• View Profile
Waitlist.. next step...HELP???
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:09:29 AM »
Hi everyone,
 I am currently waitlisted at a school that I would love to attend. Since being waitlisted I immediatly replied with a LOCI, visited the school (end of April), and met with the Assistant Dean. After returning from the visit sent an e-mail thanking him for the meeting, and expressed how my visit reinforced how well a fit the school was for me and why. I graduated the second week in May,and sent an updated resume, and my final grades and awards, along with a letter describing how interested I was in paticular programs, and that I have had multiple conversation with one of their professors, during the research part of my thesis.
 On June first everyone that was waitlisted received an e-mail, that stated as of right now they are over enrolled based on deposits received, but will continue with a summer waitlist. I immediately sent an e-mail to both the Assisitant Dean and Dean of Admissions letting them know I would continue to stay on the summer waitlist.I received a response from the Dean confirming that she received the e-mail, and that it would be noted in my file. The school only had one seat deposit, due May 1st. So I am guessing it is going to take awhile to see who drops off to attend another school.
 I have had no contact since the first week in June. I really have nothing to update them with, but want to let them know I am still waiting and very interested, and what the waitlist status might be at this point. I guess the question is, what  would be appropriate at this point?

maca

• View Profile
Re: Waitlist.. next step...HELP???
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »
In all honesty, I don't think you should send anything. Unless you have something really substantial to add, I'm afraid it might be too much (especially if they already know it's your first choice). I don't think it hurts to send an email affirming your commitment every 3 or 4 weeks, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. I'm on a few waitlists myself so I completely sympathize but getting off a waitlist is like winning the lottery. I think Penn's started at 1500 people or so - most of them are huge unfortunately =( I think fewer people remain committed to accepting a spot the later in the summer it gets, so if you're patient and willing to go up until the first day of classes I think that helps.

Best of Luck!

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlist.. next step...HELP???
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »
rofl, 1500?  seems like it but I can't imagine they'd WL more than 600 people or so.