Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those who canceled their scores, how long did it take to get confirmation?  (Read 823 times)

redplastic

• View Profile
I canceled my score, and didn't heard anything from LSAC since I canceled 5 days ago.  But then I just looked at my letter and I didn't put in the signature!!!!!!!!!!!!  Am I screwed or what?  I have proof of fax and everything, but do you think I haven't heard from them because I didn't sign the letter. 

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
Call them in the morning... If they need your signature, fax it to them!
Waiting... :(

redplastic

• View Profile
Thanks, I will.  I'm shaking like a leaf right now because if that prevents me from getting my score canceled from such a stupid mistake....

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
I'd be crapping my pants right now if I were you!.. That sucks, but surely they wont penalize you for not sending the signature. AND since they have released the scores yet, and since you cancelled within the six days, they will probably go on and cancel your score.. But I would definitely call first thing in the morning! :)  Good luck!
Waiting... :(

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I guess there would be the worry that you could send the form in without the signature, then say you didn't really mean it and the cancellation isn't binding because there is no signature.

redplastic

• View Profile
Oh man, I can't believe this.  I don't even think I'm going to sleep tonight.  I can probably say I'm the first person who made such a stupid mistake like this.  I mean, I was so out of it after the test, that I didn't want to deal with the LSAT for a while.  I was going to write the letter by hand, but decided against it because I wanted it to look official.  What a freaking tragedy.

redplastic

• View Profile
I canceled my score, and didn't heard anything from LSAC since I canceled 5 days ago.  But then I just looked at my letter and I didn't put in the signature!!!!!!!!!!!!  Am I screwed or what?  I have proof of fax and everything, but do you think I haven't heard from them because I didn't sign the letter. 

Not trying to scare you but I must share this story.  I had a student who was sick on the day of the test a while back but showed up anyway.  After the first section he knew it was not right to be taking that test.  He filled out the cancellation thing on the back of the answer sheet.  He filled out everything and signed it but only filled in ONE of the TWO bubbles that are above one another and did not notice. 

He got a 126 reported when scores came out (not bad for only doing one section and not bubbling in anything for the others, BTW)  LSAC would not do anything for him since he had not filled out the form properly.

Your situation might be different since this guy didn't know there was a problem until scores got released.  But I must say that LSAC is a stickler about the rules, wisely so since so are courts of law and lawyers and things live and die by procedure and deadlines in the practice of law.

Good luck with LSAC.

THat is horrible!  I feel for this guy.  BUt you know what, the website is not even accurate.  One page saids 6 days while another saids 9.  I don't know.  I mean, the site did say if you haven't heard from them within 5 days, you need to call them asap.  It's what I'm gonna do.  I'm trying to calm down here, and I was suppose to out of town tomorrow, but I can't even do anything till this is taken care of. 

redplastic

• View Profile
Thanks Jeffort.  *sighs*  It's funny, but I probably wouldn't have checked if it wasn't for the board.  Today is exactly  the 9th of that 9 calendar days on that page I was referring to: http://www.lsat.org/LSAC.asp?url=/additional-info/lsat-score.asp  And like someone else said on another thread, the phone was saying 9 calendar days as well.  I did immediately fax in the letter (signed this time) after I realized what I've done.  I can only wait till the morning.  I just gotta roll with the punches and do the best I can. 

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
Any update? Did you get through to them?  :( I'm sorry, this sucks. I'm paranoid that I forgot to fill out something on the answer sheet so I won't get my scores. Or something along those lines.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
what happened?