Law School Discussion

Has Anyone Ever Reapplied to A School (Successfully)?

Re: Has Anyone Ever Reapplied to A School (Successfully)?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 01:19:05 AM »

gjrmf

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 05:04:30 AM »
Original app: School A - Waitlist, School B - Reject
Reapp: School A - $$$, School B - Accepted
2 years of WE and LSAT jump 3 points (within the range, so i don't know how much it helped)

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
Original app: School A - Waitlist, School B - Reject
Reapp: School A - $$$, School B - Accepted
2 years of WE and LSAT jump 3 points (within the range, so i don't know how much it helped)
[/quote

Congratulations! That is nice to hear. Did you apply earlier? Would you consider your work experience an exceptional new soft factor?

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »
Lovebutton did this to great success--you should ask her about it. :)

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 09:04:48 AM »
tag

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Has anyone here ever reapplied to a school they were originally dinged at, and been successful? 

Also... has anyone ever heard of anyone reapplying more than once?

Dinged last cycle (2006-2007) at both GW and Cornell...accepted into both this cycle. I only had a one point difference in my LSAT and minor work experience. I've never known anyone applying more than once but I can't imagine that would help or substantially hurt you. But people told me not to re-apply and they were wrong.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »
I'm wondering about LOR myself.  I'm only going to reapply if I get my LSAT score up a few points, but I've already used 3 LOR and I am not sure I can find 2 more professors that can really write great recommendations.  I used up the good ones already so I'm a little worried.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »
I think I can get one new one from a prof. I had this semester, but my other ones were pretty good.  If I really have to I think I could get one of my professors that wrote a targeted one to just change it to generic and send that to everyone, but then that one school will get the same letter again, which would be weird.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 09:52:43 AM »
Has anyone here ever reapplied to a school they were originally dinged at, and been successful? 

Also... has anyone ever heard of anyone reapplying more than once?

Dinged last cycle (2006-2007) at both GW and Cornell...accepted into both this cycle. I only had a one point difference in my LSAT and minor work experience. I've never known anyone applying more than once but I can't imagine that would help or substantially hurt you. But people told me not to re-apply and they were wrong.

Did you get new LORs?

No I used the same letters I had in the previous cycle. Because I was still in undergrad I just had two faculty letters and kind of a "character" letter from an old teacher and friend. At the schools were I was waitlisted or deferred I did send in a new letter from my current employer (I didn't send this to Cornell or GW). I kept all of my essays the same but I wrote a completely new PS.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
I was WL'ed at Pitt and rejected at Temple, and I retook the LSAT.  I was accepted at both, with a decent chunk of change at each. 

It can be done, but I only recommend it if you have something vastly different that you can tout.