Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse vs. Hofstra?  (Read 1331 times)

robin111

• View Profile
Syracuse vs. Hofstra?
« on: June 19, 2007, 01:09:21 AM »
I've been accepted to Syracuse but wait-listed at Hofstra.  However, in the advent that I am accepted, which school would you pick?  I'm from out of state and don't know which school has the better reputation, connections, etc.  I know that they are both T3 schools.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Aly Baby

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse vs. Hofstra?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
I don't know about Syracuse, but Hofstra was not that nice to me when I visited.  Plus, you can ski at Syracuse, and it's cheaper to live there than Long Island.  I'd pick Syracuse, nothing else considered.

newjaytdot

Re: Syracuse vs. Hofstra?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »
I'm from Syracuse.  The law school has a decent reputation around here, but mostly because noone knows much about anything.  It is pretty cheap to live in Syracuse (~550/month for a 2-bedroom), but it also sucks for the most part.

There are not a lot of options as far as eating/hanging out goes here, and the average person is fairly uneducated and conservative.  The undergraduate student body (NOT necessarily the law school) is predominantly comprised of frat-style, DMB fan-guys, and tramp-stamped brainless girls.  However, I do know a few stand-up Syracuse alumni. 

I'm not sure where you're from, but moving to Syracuse might be a downgrade in your quality of life.