Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley Jokes  (Read 15819 times)

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Cooley Jokes
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:09 PM »
Over the past several days I have been flamed by many members of this board for my sarcastic Cooley jokes.  The way the jokes operate is that I find a post where someone has some sort of problem or situation.  Perhaps they were warned at the LSAT because someone nearby had a cell phone or perhaps they had a few bad tests in a row.  Sometimes I will jump on these threads and tell the person that they have ruined their law school chances and should "get their Cooley application ready" because that's all they can hope for now. 

So here's my question:  does anyone find this to be funny?  I think its hilarious, especially because I do it in such a way that one would have to be totally oblivious to sarcasm and dry humor in order to be offended by the remark.  Even if no one finds it funny I will probably continue to do it because I think its funny. 

Also, are there any schools besides Cooley that I could use?  I use Cooley b/c its basically the lowest ranked ABA school.  I could use a low ranked non-ABA school or something even worse like Liberty Law School.  What would be the funniest law school to use in these remarks?
_______
.|E|R|S.

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
Re: Cooley Jokes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:14:51 PM »
Over the past several days I have been flamed by many members of this board for my sarcastic Cooley jokes.  The way the jokes operate is that I find a post where someone has some sort of problem or situation.  Perhaps they were warned at the LSAT because someone nearby had a cell phone or perhaps they had a few bad tests in a row.  Sometimes I will jump on these threads and tell the person that they have ruined their law school chances and should "get their Cooley application ready" because that's all they can hope for now. 

So here's my question:  does anyone find this to be funny?  I think its hilarious, especially because I do it in such a way that one would have to be totally oblivious to sarcasm and dry humor in order to be offended by the remark.  Even if no one finds it funny I will probably continue to do it because I think its funny. 

Also, are there any schools besides Cooley that I could use?  I use Cooley b/c its basically the lowest ranked ABA school.  I could use a low ranked non-ABA school or something even worse like Liberty Law School.  What would be the funniest law school to use in these remarks?

You're Cooley jokes are frickin hilarious.. keep it up!! .. Haha.. I'll probably end up at Cooley myself (not really), and I STILL think they're funny! :)
Waiting... :(

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:23:50 AM »

You're Cooley jokes are frickin hilarious.. keep it up!! .. Haha.. I'll probably end up at Cooley myself (not really), and I STILL think they're funny! :)

Thank you!  I will continue to use Cooley jokes and if anyone gives me any *&^% about it I will link up to this thread and tell them that I am making the jokes for you and whoever else thinks its funny.  The principle would be "if at least one other person finds it humorous then I should continue making the jokes as long as there is no meaningful reason not to." 

Oh great... I'm typing out assumptions to my arguments now and doing it in LSAT language... oh no!  The LSAT study books are really brain slugs, aren't they???
_______
.|E|R|S.

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:37:58 PM »

Thank you!  I will continue to use Cooley jokes and if anyone gives me any sh*t about it I will link up to this thread and tell them that I am making the jokes for you and whoever else thinks its funny.  The principle would be "if at least one other person finds it humorous then I should continue making the jokes as long as there is no meaningful reason not to." 

Oh great... I'm typing out assumptions to my arguments now and doing it in LSAT language... oh no!  The LSAT study books are really brain slugs, aren't they???

Hey, if you can't make fun of Cooley, then who can you make fun of? :) ... And I think the flaw in your reasoning would be that you are making a generalzation based on insufficent information... Kidding..lol.. it just sounded kinda LSAT-y!

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »
Who makes a thread asking other people if their jokes are funny?

???
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »
...and the two people making the Cooley jokes haven't even applied to law school yet...

Like I said, I'll probably end up at Cooley (or equivilent)myself.. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's just funny  :P

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »

???

Aspiring comedians and unfunny people.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:51:55 PM »

???

I wonder which one Tetris is...
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

MCD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »
Cooley is where all the cool kids go. Everyone else is a huge freaking NERD! OMG!

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »

???

I wonder which one Tetris is...

I dont know yet, wait until he creates a thread asking which he is.