Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non-Trad 1-L publishes law school website  (Read 4133 times)

Milo

• View Profile
    • Email
Non-Trad 1-L publishes law school website
« on: September 19, 2004, 06:45:09 PM »
I'm a non-trad 1-L at Wayne State University Law School in Detroit. I put together a website to chronicle what law school is like in order to keep friends and family updated. But I figured future 1-Ls might get a (shuddering, doubt-inducing) kick out of it, too.

I update frequently. Bookmark it and check back often.

Here is a teaser....

I Meet My Professor

[I had spent the first nine days of my law school career in the hospital. Today was my first full day attending classes.]

As he stood at the podium, organizing his papers and jotting notes, I approached [Professor Kingsley Browne] with the reverence due those who have the power to enrich or destroy your future.

"Professor Browne?" I ventured.

"Ye-e-e-e-s-s-s-s?" he said, not looking up.

"Hello," I said, and introduced myself. "It's my first day, because I had this huge boil on my ass that exploded and turned septic and put me in the hospital for nine days. Did Dean Miller talk to you about me?"

He eyed me doubtfully. "Hmmm, I'm not sure. What was the name again?"

I told him, and said, "I'm the one with the huge leaking hole in my butt. That's why I wasn't here last week, cuz of the huge dripping abscess on my bottom."

"Yes-s-s-s, here you are. Do you have a seat yet?"

"No, I don't. I was hoping you could set me up. Preferably one that's cushioned, cuz my right buttock is swollen like a pregnant sow and it aches like the freakin' Inquisition. That's why I wasn't here last week."

"Ri-i-i-ght. Why don't you take seat 22 in Row E?" and he directed me to a seat at the very back of the row furthest from him, and jotted my name down on the chart.

The seat was, I discovered, cushioned!
--
Here's the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~mcvthree/index.html

I recommend clicking on Archived Rants, then clicking To Begin Reading at the Beginning, then just keep hitting Next Rant to Cycle through them.

dgatl

Re: Non-Trad 1-L publishes law school website
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 12:52:48 AM »
cool.

M2

Re: Non-Trad 1-L publishes law school website
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 01:29:02 AM »
that was actually semi interesting but Im too lazy to click the link