Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about Part time status and insurance  (Read 254 times)

caligirl404

• View Profile
Question about Part time status and insurance
« on: June 18, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot or if anyone is really gonna have an answer to this, but I'll try anyways.  I'm only 21 years old so still under my parents medical insurance as long as I'm a full-time student.  I didn't apply to any Part Time Programs but I did say that if I could not receive a Full Time spot at Southwestern I'd be willing to take Part Time until I was able to transfer to FT.  If this ends up being the case (only getting a PT spot) is there anything to do to keep Full Time Student Status?  I know when my cousin went to Grad school the school wrote a letter to the insurance stating that althought it was only a part time program with the workload it was considered to be equivalent to full time.  Do law schools do this?  Like I said, I don't know if anyone has experienced this before or knows about this and I will end up having to talk to Southwestern directly if this happens but I would just like to have an idea of what would happen.  Thanks for your help!

caligirl404

• View Profile
Re: Question about Part time status and insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
Anyone have any idea?  Haha, thanks!