Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Last Minute Application  (Read 760 times)

rjv140

• View Profile
    • Email
Last Minute Application
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:39:49 AM »
Does anyone know of any tier 4 or possibly tier 3 schools that are still accepting applications for the fall semester. (I just took the June LSAT)

conrad42

• Ceci n'est pas une law student.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Minute Application
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
Last summer Seton Hall was still accepting applicants in August, but they are a tier 2. Call or email the admissions offices of the schools you're interested, telling them your LSAT, and you may be surprised that a number of schools will still offer you admission.

kayaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
Does anyone know of any tier 4 or possibly tier 3 schools that are still accepting applications for the fall semester. (I just took the June LSAT)

I think Case Western Accepts applications until a fairly late date.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »
Western New England still reviews students all summer...

But honestly, is there an eager push to attend this fall?  Why not wait and apply when you have your June lsat and you can apply to the schools you want to apply to, not just the ones that are still taking applicants?

Also, think about spring applications.

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:55:33 AM »
University of Toledo is accepting applications until July 1st but they've said that as of right now their full-time program is full (but that could change), but they are still admitting part time.  They are lower tier 2 but their part-time requirements are more like tier 3/4 schools
University of Toledo 0L

rjv140

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
I have a 3.37 GPA from Penn St (finance) but only a 143 on my LSAT. I actually studied for the June LSAT so I think i moved up a few points. Is there any possiblity getting into any of the schools that you mentioned P/T or F/T. (i.e. Toledo p/t, etc.)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:31:18 AM »
Honestly, you need to wait to apply.  You are going to have a hard time getting in T4 schools with those stats.  Wait to fall and apply first thing.

If you want to risk it, apply to WNEC pt.  You might also want to look at New England Part time and Thomas jefferson pt and Florida coastal pt.

Or put in an application right now for spring admission.

Chiashu is only showing a 56% chance at Cooley... I know you studied for the LSAT, but those scores are going to kick your ass...If you're dead set on law school, you need to study more and reapply. 

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
I have a 3.37 GPA from Penn St (finance) but only a 143 on my LSAT. I actually studied for the June LSAT so I think i moved up a few points. Is there any possiblity getting into any of the schools that you mentioned P/T or F/T. (i.e. Toledo p/t, etc.)

Toledo's 25% for PT is I believe around 151 so I don't think you'd have much luck with a 143 - although you may have a chance if you're URM, but even that might not help so much this late.  No harm in trying for this year if you're prepared with your PS and LORs, but it makes more sense to wait until next year and take the lsat again if that was your first score.  Check out LSN and the LSAC grids to see who got in where with your numbers so you can decide where to apply next year.  Good luck!
University of Toledo 0L

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:58 PM »

I think Case Western Accepts applications until a fairly late date.

Our priority application deadline is February 1, 2007; however, applications will be accepted until April 2, 2007, for the fall 2007 entering class. Beginning in January, we take action on the applications. We have a rolling admissions policy; that is, as decisions are made, applicants are notified. We make most admission decisions between January 1 and May 1, at which time we establish a waiting list. As vacancies occur up to the date of registration, we draw the best-qualified candidates from the waiting list.