Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LORs and Evaluation Forms  (Read 462 times)

Meliss1086

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LORs and Evaluation Forms
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
I'm applying for the Fall 08 term, so applications aren't available at most schools just yet.
I don't know which schools are going to suggest that I submit an additional evaluation form from my recommenders.
Should I give my recommenders the LSAC form and addressed envelope this early on in the process, knowing I might have to go to them again with more forms once applications are available, or should I wait until I can give them everything at once?
What's the proper etiquette?

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LORs and Evaluation Forms
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:28:50 AM »
I have never heard of additional evaluation forms. Usually, whatever is done through LSAc is enough. Letters from deans are not that important and can be taken care of when the cycle starts.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:55:41 AM »
Yes, it would be appropriate to start gathering letters of recommendation now. Schools have OPTIONAL evaluation forms.  These are used instead of LSAC LOR forms if someone where to chose to do that.  It makes more sense to go through LSAC so don't worry about those. 

Dean certifications and things take no time and you can get those as soon as they are available in September.  My one school that required a Dean cert got it in a week of me asking my school's office that handles that stuff to do it.  It also isn't really a letter from your Dean like an LOR.  Mine was a sheet that looked somewhat like a transcript with my  class rank, majors, year of entering, stating I had never had discipline problems, etc.  I imagine that different schools handle this in various ways.  At my big state school, I just filled out a form and checked the boxes of all the different kinds of information I wanted the cert to have.

HTH

Meliss1086

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »
Thanks y'all! I'll start sending out LoR requests then.