Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Marquette  (Read 1355 times)

Marquette
« on: June 17, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
Anybody know anything about Marquette?  I am aware that they have a really excellent sports law program..How is Milwaukee?

badgerlaw

• View Profile
Re: Marquette
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11:58 AM »
I was born and raised in Milwaukee and plan on attending Marquette this fall.  The city really has a lot to offer, whether you're interested in the arts, sports (Brewers, Bucks, Golden Eagles), nature, anything.  In the summer, Brewers games are really popular and the Summerfest grounds on the lakefront host festivals almost every weekend, the capstone being "Summerfest" itself (the world's largest music festival-www.summerfest.com).  Oh and every Thursday, there is a free jazz concert in Cathedral Square downtown that draws huge crowds...it's aptly called "Jazz in the Park".  Lake Michigan tends to be a hub for activities, even though I personally wouldn't get in the water near Bradford beach.  We have a world-class art museum right on the lakefront designed by Calatrava, who also designed the Sydney Opera House and Milwaukee is, of course, a short drive/train ride from Chicago.  I should probably also throw in that since Milwaukee is home of Miller, the free brewery tours (read: free samples) always seem to be a favorite attraction.

Ok so now that I've become an advertisement for MKE, feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions that I could answer for you and good luck with your decision! 

dthefuture2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »
Milwaukee is a fun city.  The weather is really bad, snow at least 5 months of the year.  I graduated from Marquette in 2006 and almost went there for law school because I was interested in Sports Law and they were offering a free ride.  I am SUPER happy I choose CA for law school and I love the weather and the City by the Bay

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 01:31:54 AM »
I've yet to actually go there, but I love Wisconsin so I've done a lot of checking into the two Wisconsin schools. Of the two, Marquette was by far the more helpful, more friendly, and more accommodating. If you're interested, call them up and asking for information. They're super-pleasant to deal with.

I still love Wisconsin-Madison but they were not.
Michigan '11

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 03:23:05 AM »
Anybody know anything about Marquette?  I am aware that they have a really excellent sports law program..How is Milwaukee?

i actually just got back from milwaukee last weekend (i was looking at marquette and milwaukee in general). milwaukee is an awesome city. it's got most of what the much larger cities have, but without the traffic/congestion. it appear to be in the midst of a sort of "revival" of sorts. it's kind of hard to explain. the law school isn't in the best part of town, but it's not too bad. i've heard some say that the area around it is awful. however, i've been to milwaukee many times, and can tell you that it's not as bad as some say. obviously the best way to get a feel for the place is to visit yourself. milwaukee is a unique city that you kind of have to see for yourself, as i'm sure it's not for everyone.
"read a book."
Depaul '11