Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you have a school look at you application again if you were denied?  (Read 691 times)

caligirl404

• View Profile
I have a question.  I have ok numbers...155 LSAT and a 3.3 GPA but for some reason was denied admission to Gonzaga.  At the time I didn't think much of it, but after looking at lsn I realize that people with much much lower scores were both admitted and waitlisted.  Is it possible to have them look over my application again?  I had great LOR's and one from an Alum of the law school.  I'm just very puzzled by this.  ??? Thanks!

caligirl404

• View Profile
Yep, checked everything.  I saw all of my LOR's and they were excellent.  I'm just stumped.

IF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Since you've already been rejected it won't hurt anything to ask them to review it again (assuming you don't plan on waiting a year and then applying).  But with that said, I've heard it's very, very rare for a school to overturn it's decision.
UVA, 2010

It's the place.

pastor of muppets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I know that for undergrad, it was possible to "appeal" a decision.  I actually had a friend who did this at UBC, and ended up getting accepted after his appeal.  Ironically, he ended up not going there anyway.

But I don't know if law schools have an appeal option.  It might also only be restricted to public schools.

BTW, I am surprised you got rejected with those numbers.  Gonzaga is trying to bring their scores up, but you still seem well within their range.

caligirl404

• View Profile
I just wrote a short letter and sent it to admissions.  Chances are I will go somewhere this year and not apply there again so I don't have much to lose.  I just don't understand it!

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
It happens.  I'm pretty sure they won't admit you after the fact unless they're having some catastrophic yield problems.  C'est la vie.  Move on.
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yup, I did this with UCLA because I sent in a last minute LOR that I don't think they received before they rejected me.  I sent an "appeal" letter, and a couple weeks later they rejected me again.