Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You know... that guy that you almost pity.  (Read 21906 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: You know... that guy that you almost pity.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2007, 12:21:12 AM »
He "only" got 169.  (98th percentile.)

It's surprising how hard people here are on themselves. 

Eh, it's all relative.  Someone who's upset about a 162 would laugh at tetris for whining about a 169, but a guy with a 158 would think someone would be crazy to be upset about 162.  I was pissed about my score.  If you score lower than you've been practicing, it's extremely disappointing no matter what.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:09 AM »
He "only" got 169.  (98th percentile.)

It's surprising how hard people here are on themselves. 

I "only" got a 169 a year ago. I was pissed. I can understand that. I'd like to think I hadn't antagonized anyone on LSD with my practice scores however. Oh wait...I didn't know LSD existed then. Sigh, life was so much simple :P

Your life before you knew me...must have been sad. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

NotSmails

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 02:15:50 AM »
Whatever.  You guys are just stunned by my intelligence.  Send me a postcard from Cooley.  I'll be somewhere in Cambridge, MA 02138. 

And seriously what the hell crawled up everyone's a**.  This is an internet forum.  Who f*ing cares who says what.  Jesus.  Who called the arrogance police? 

Really or just bullshitting?  You have some huge shoes to fill if you want to take over my position as the awesome board HC DB.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 02:48:20 AM »
Whatever.  You guys are just stunned by my intelligence.  Send me a postcard from Cooley.  I'll be somewhere in Cambridge, MA 02138. 

And seriously what the hell crawled up everyone's a**.  This is an internet forum.  Who f*ing cares who says what.  Jesus.  Who called the arrogance police? 

Really or just bullshitting?  You have some huge shoes to fill if you want to take over my position as the awesome board HC DB.

Is there another law school in Cambridge?

NotSmails

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 03:48:45 PM »
I don't think so, but I misread his post and thought he was already there.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 11:39:27 PM »

Yeah I'm just BSing.  Trying to be all tough and arrogant.

Then I got a 169 on my LSAT.

:'( ... the tears haven't stopped since.
_______
.|E|R|S.

I AM A DREAMER

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 01:00:26 AM »
One girl at my test center asked if she could bubble in her answers on the scantron with a pen.

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »
I was by no means saying that people shouldn't study (or even seriously believing my argument as a whole), but just because someone doesn't pursue an optimal strategy doesn't mean Tetris should pity them, especially since they could very likely have ended up getting higher than him.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
I was by no means saying that people shouldn't study (or even seriously believing my argument as a whole), but just because someone doesn't pursue an optimal strategy doesn't mean Tetris should pity them, especially since they could very likely have ended up getting higher than him.

Very likely?

Didn't he score in the 97th percentile?

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
One girl at my test center asked if she could bubble in her answers on the scantron with a pen.

Bonus points if it was a pink gel pen

Scented!