Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You know... that guy that you almost pity.  (Read 22443 times)

OkieAaron

• View Profile
Re: You know... that guy that you almost pity.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
Back to the main point...

Hell I never scored in the 170's on a practice, but I agree that there were people in my testing center that made me feel pretty good about my situation and put me at ease...Whatever that was worth.

ctown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
If this thread is any indication of ones level of logic, reasoning, and reading comprehension I am guessing that Tetris bombed the LSAT.

It's funny how he hasn't even been admitted anywhere yet, and he's already gunning.

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »
After the proctor read the instructions, a guy in the back asked if there was a penalty for guessing and "How many sections did you say there were?"

I gathered he didn't do a whole lot of serious prep.

what's worse is this person is a friend of mine. one of my girlfriends just up and decided to take the LSAT back in Feb...after only deciding to go to ls a few weeks prior. I mean she, like, spent, like, a gazillion dollars on prep guides so she should be fine, right?

turns out buying 'em isn't the same as USING them and she got a 146.

i'm like, damn, i got a 159 on my first pretest. i told her that and she says, well, you must have taken the whole thing. i never took a complete practice test.

yeah, i can't for the life of me figure out how she got a 146. ::)

but what can you say? i had to smile and tell her i'm sure no one cares if she takes it again. the sad part is she still hasn't started studying. *smh* i've taken a vow of silence.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »
Back to the main point...

Hell I never scored in the 170's on a practice, but I agree that there were people in my testing center that made me feel pretty good about my situation and put me at ease...Whatever that was worth.

Yah, I felt bad about my situation until I overheard a girl in my class talking to our teacher. She was scoring in the 140s on her prep tests and it was about a week before the LSAT. She was thinking of actually writing the test, did not plan on cancelling her score and was hoping to reach the 160s! I wanted to slap her upside the head and ask her wtf she was thinking... but I also felt pretty bad for her. She was delusional enough to think she could raise her score from the 140s to the 160s in a few days ... *sigh* I hope she chose to wait until Sept to write it.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »
After the proctor read the instructions, a guy in the back asked if there was a penalty for guessing and "How many sections did you say there were?"

I gathered he didn't do a whole lot of serious prep.

what's worse is this person is a friend of mine. one of my girlfriends just up and decided to take the LSAT back in Feb...after only deciding to go to ls a few weeks prior. I mean she, like, spent, like, a gazillion dollars on prep guides so she should be fine, right?

turns out buying 'em isn't the same as USING them and she got a 146.

i'm like, damn, i got a 159 on my first pretest. i told her that and she says, well, you must have taken the whole thing. i never took a complete practice test.

yeah, i can't for the life of me figure out how she got a 146. ::)

but what can you say? i had to smile and tell her i'm sure no one cares if she takes it again. the sad part is she still hasn't started studying. *smh* i've taken a vow of silence.

People like this obviously don't care much how they do. 

owlsmid17

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
No reason to rub it in. Let it go.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »
I'd just like to point out that the starter of this thread is currently disappointed with his score (as he says on a different thread) which proves my point of not stockpiling bad LSAT karma :P

He's also been an all-around feminine hygiene product.  Arrogant, bragging about LSAT, getting, laid, etc.  But I still kinda felt bad.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 09:05:10 PM »

How dare you talk to MP that way.  >:(

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »

Actually, he doesn't even have that bad a score. It really only sucks if you talk yourself up, brag about how well you did, and then fall short. Outside of that context, he did very respectably

How dare you talk to MP that way.  >:(

Thanks Bosco ;)

To the first part, MP is right.  He's been rubbing it in everyone's faces that he's practicing in the 170s, and talking condescendingly to people in the 160s, so I say rub away.  That said, I feel bad and hope he does better if he retakes.

To the second part, I can't help defending your honor.  :P

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 12:14:08 AM »
He "only" got 169.  (98th percentile.)

It's surprising how hard people here are on themselves.