Law School Discussion

An odd personal statement topic

An odd personal statement topic
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:46:43 AM »
I think I've matured a lot in the last couple years, but not as a result of any profound life changing events that are convenient for writing about in personal statements. Would it be too weird to explain where I was and where I am now without the "OMG then I got raped/shot/paralyzed/etc and overcame obstacles to realize like how good life totally is OMG" storyline?

Re: An odd personal statement topic
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »
The last sentence in this post was confusing at best!

I would say write whatever feels right. I think you'll be fine, just make sure that it's well written and interesting, let your growth experience shine through. Everyone has a story to tell, tell your story!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
I think I've matured a lot in the last couple years, but not as a result of any profound life changing events that are convenient for writing about in personal statements. Would it be too weird to explain where I was and where I am now without the "OMG then I got raped/shot/paralyzed/etc and overcame obstacles to realize like how good life totally is OMG" storyline?

You could pay someone to rape/shoot/paralyze you.

Oh gosh, that's awful!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »
There is no way you could have matured without something going on in your life. Think back, I'm sure you'll find something. Also, your event doesn't have to be some crazy thing, even realizing the importance of your parents' advice is good enough.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 12:50:31 AM »
I wrote about a narrative story about a 20 second time period in my life...

You can basically get away with whatever the @#!* you want, as long as it is enthralling and fun to read.

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 04:32:41 AM »

You could pay someone to rape/shoot/paralyze you.

ill do it for free.