Law School Discussion

Anyone here work out?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here work out?
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
Hmm, is New Balance some sub-brand of another producer? Never seen the name around here, but it caught my interest since you guys were talking about shoes for wide feet. I'm well anchored to the ground :p

uh no. New Balance makes some of the best running shoes or the best running shoes depending on your preference, NB and Asics are pretty much the leaders when it comes to running shoes. both brands were making running shoes back when the swoosh was just a big check mark. i'm surprised you've never heard of them, they have a big N on the side.

What's the difference between Asics and NB?  I've been wearing Asics for a while now, and while they're OK, they wear out pretty quickly. 

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2007, 05:36:47 PM »
well NB's big thing is that they come in widths so if you have a wide foot they are good to get. they also have the hard piece on the back of the heel thats for over pronators. NBs keep your foot steady in your shoe. i go back and forth between asics and NB. i like the NB because of the cushioning (the NB 2000's are great if you can afford the 200 bucks) but because my knees are so beat to s--t i don't like the NB stability because it doesn't allow my legs to give my knees relief. so i've been wearing asics lately. as for running out, they're going to run out no matter what shoe you buy. ideally you're supposed to change your shoes every 3 months but with running shoes close to $150 a pop now who can do that. asics hold up the best imo. 

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
Hmm, is New Balance some sub-brand of another producer? Never seen the name around here, but it caught my interest since you guys were talking about shoes for wide feet. I'm well anchored to the ground :p

uh no. New Balance makes some of the best running shoes or the best running shoes depending on your preference, NB and Asics are pretty much the leaders when it comes to running shoes. both brands were making running shoes back when the swoosh was just a big check mark. i'm surprised you've never heard of them, they have a big N on the side.

What's the difference between Asics and NB?  I've been wearing Asics for a while now, and while they're OK, they wear out pretty quickly. 

NB are generally made with a more durable sole and more cushioning for your foot, and they are slightly wider. When I ran in high school I wore Asics flats, and also found that they wore out quickly. However, Asics makes their running shoes and flats much lighter than most others, so that might be the reason for their somewhat shorter lifespan.

bubDread

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2007, 05:49:15 PM »
New Balances are pretty sweet.

They held up that one time I jumped over Everest.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2007, 05:51:58 AM »
Is because I lives on the other sides of the Pond. At least I assume so, looking at plenty of shoe webshops etc nobody seems to have New Balance :(

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2007, 06:10:19 AM »
look online

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »
dunno, didnt actually read his whole reply...

« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
look online

lol...what do you think he meant by "webshops"?

thats where i cop my rad Spidey gear

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2007, 03:33:54 PM »
I've been here, on my couch, watching exercise TV.
So far I don't feel any more fit or toned.

Am I doing something wrong?  :-\ ???