Law School Discussion

Anyone here work out?

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here work out?
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
Where are you? There are usually tons in cities. Even the New Balance stores are decent for telling you what kind of shoe you need. The techs there will recommend an NB only if they think they have one that fits your needs. Otherwise they'll recommend something/somewhere else. Most of the people that work in those stores are relatively serious runners too...

tampa

we have a NB store, but it was just teenagers...

Try Athletic Shoe Factory. I think they have one of those in Tampa. Also... try www.runningnetwork.com to find a store in your area.

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »
when you buy running shoes make sure you keep in mind the surface you will be running on, it will make a difference as far as cushioning pronation etc. and stay away from concrete it ruins your knees...and legs...and back

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
when you buy running shoes make sure you keep in mind the surface you will be running on, it will make a difference as far as cushioning pronation etc. and stay away from concrete it ruins your knees...and legs...and back

Yes. My grandfather ran every day since he was like 30 on concrete. By the time he was 60 he couldn't walk straight anymore. Both knees required quite a bit of surgery and he hasn't been able to run since. Grass is good.

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
Even asphalt is better.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »
I try to run on dirt or whatever surface is on tracks.  Or treadmill.  I've never liked concrete or grass though.

I also need new shoes.   :(

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »
I try to run on dirt or whatever surface is on tracks.  Or treadmill.  I've never liked concrete or grass though.

i try to run on freshly clipped foreskins

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »

Ouch!

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »

::clips::

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
Hmm, is New Balance some sub-brand of another producer? Never seen the name around here, but it caught my interest since you guys were talking about shoes for wide feet. I'm well anchored to the ground :p

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2007, 05:22:57 PM »
Hmm, is New Balance some sub-brand of another producer? Never seen the name around here, but it caught my interest since you guys were talking about shoes for wide feet. I'm well anchored to the ground :p

uh no. New Balance makes some of the best running shoes or the best running shoes depending on your preference, NB and Asics are pretty much the leaders when it comes to running shoes. both brands were making running shoes back when the swoosh was just a big check mark. i'm surprised you've never heard of them, they have a big N on the side.