Law School Discussion

Do you think it is possible?

Re: Do you think it is possible?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »
Not blaming their subpar gpa's but clearly letting them know that they had 60 hours a week dedicated to athletics.  While the other candidate focused on school only. ...Funny why my G.P.A was a lot higher every spring than it was every fall.I don't think you realize how much dedication they require... 

p.s The season is in the fall....

Of course I realize it...I do have friends who played football, basketball, and all of that.

Regardless of spending 60 hours a week, that is still not a good enough addendum bc like blk said, there ARE minorities who were  D1 athletes and still managed to do their work and get good grades.

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
yup

the main point was that no law school applicant should blame their subpar gpa on sports. 

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
OMG  :o :o :o Jem did you know that football was played in the fall? I surely thought it was played in April..

Not blaming their subpar gpa's but clearly letting them know that they had 60 hours a week dedicated to athletics.  While the other candidate focused on school only. ...Funny why my G.P.A was a lot higher every spring than it was every fall.I don't think you realize how much dedication they require... 

p.s The season is in the fall....

Of course I realize it...I do have friends who played football, basketball, and all of that.

Regardless of spending 60 hours a week, that is still not a good enough addendum bc like blk said, there ARE minorities who were  D1 athletes and still managed to do their work and get good grades.

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »
There aren't even that many black males in law school....let alone former division 1a athletes.....

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »
I'm curious..What undergrads did you both attend?  If you don't mind me asking..?

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
Their are athletes who managed to get good grades...but how many of them went on to law school?  Or even took the LSAT?

jillibean

• I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »
I'm curious..What undergrads did you both attend?  If you don't mind me asking..?

Just watching this for entertainment value but I would assume that they don't plan on telling you their undergraduate institutions because of sites like xoxo and for general privacy reasons. There are so few black people in law school especially Ivy Leagues like Jem that it would make it easier for someone to figure out their identity and target them later

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 08:25:03 PM »
Hampden-Sydney and you?

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »

Just watching this for entertainment value but I would assume that they don't plan on telling you their undergraduate institutions because of sites like xoxo and for general privacy reasons. There are so few black people in law school especially Ivy Leagues like Jem that it would make it easier for someone to figure out their identity and target them later

basically

Hampden-Sydney and you?

u silly

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »
You don't have to tell me..I was just curious to what schools you attended.  So I could relate with my Division1a program.  3 bowl games and a top 25 finish...