Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: fujitsu T4220 vs. toshiba m400 Tablet  (Read 1671 times)

cake

• View Profile
fujitsu T4220 vs. toshiba m400 Tablet
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »
I want a tablet for school and I've narrowed it down to these 2.  I have considered Lenovo but I want the optical drive in the tablet.
Anyone have any positive/negative comments regarding these tablets?

Thanks!

cake

• View Profile
Re: fujitsu T4220 vs. toshiba m400
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
Also, they rank well but i'm just not sure what the difference is between the 2.

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/

Fujitsu  - 5% student discount, free flash drive or web cam
Toshiba  - $20 off

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: fujitsu T4220 vs. toshiba m400
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
Not familiar with the m400, but the Toshiba laptops usually have fairly weak monitors, I'd make sure that isn't the case if you consider buying it at least.

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
Re: fujitsu T4220 vs. toshiba m400 Tablet
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
I went for the Fujistsu (to avoid vista) and because of  the resolution and the screen which pivots anyway, if I had a budget I would have gone for the Leveno.  I ordered a few weeks ago, and will recieve my computer soon.

cake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
Vista is also something that i'm avoiding but both of those models can come with XP.
Did you get the pre configured model?

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 04:35:02 PM »
I configured my computer/ and I am having some extras put in by a company (for free) bc it was cheaper than doing some of the same upgrades w/fujitsu.  The biggest expense was the warranty.

cake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »
Their warranty does cost a lot, I want the 3 year onsite, i'm not sure whether to get the screen protection as well.

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »
Their warranty does cost a lot, I want the 3 year onsite, i'm not sure whether to get the screen protection as well.

I did.  When you get one of the warranties it automaticaly makes you get another one.  Its kinda poopy actually bc the mac warranty was never that costly plus it covered screen damage (I snaped my roomates laptop screen off one time and the mac people allowed me to use my warranty to fix her computer).

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
That really doesn't sound like Apple, they're so anal about warranties and stuff here in Europe that they don't even cover stuff that is within legally mandatory replacements. Both private and corporate customers fleeing from them for that reason in particular.

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »
That really doesn't sound like Apple, they're so anal about warranties and stuff here in Europe that they don't even cover stuff that is within legally mandatory replacements. Both private and corporate customers fleeing from them for that reason in particular.

Sorry, to hear that, the call center for the states in in Canada (I don't think that makes much of a difference), but yeah it is true.  Pillow fell on roomates laptop, snaped of the hinges and she didn't have a warranty, I still had to pay some out of pocket, but it wz nothing like if it hadn't been under warranty.  They did the whole overnight thing that they usually do.  Also, this was during Christmas (of ought 2)so again that may have made a difference, but I've had lots of times when I've had to  use the ole warranty from apple and they've always been nice, helpful, and as speedy as possible.  They've had to replace my hole hardrive once no problems.  I've had countless times when roomates would spill beer/hot chocolate on my keyboard and I've had to call to get a new one (no questions asked always free).  My bro in law is a Mac genius he absolutely swears by buying refurb'd macs (w/warranties) as being like the best deal in computing.