Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: underperformed June--September it is  (Read 2418 times)

k8ie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: underperformed June--September it is
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »
June was my first time taking the test. I know it wasn't a disaster, but it's hard to gauge just how well I did. I'm guessing I'll probably have to retake.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
I don't know how I did, but I am not retaking unless it's less than a 163. I know I am capable of 170+, and I have taken several PT's where I end up in that ballpark, but there is little guarantee that on a second retake you won't mess up even worse than you did the first time.

I put my all into studying for it, so I cannot imagine that I would be guaranteed a more positive result upon retaking.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
I can't see a situation in which I would retake.  The last three prectice tests I took were 176, 176, 175, and this one felt as good as any of those, but I could be full of it.  Even if I got 170, I don't think there would be much point in re-taking.  I was only trying to get higher to get $$$. 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »
I don't know how I did, but I am not retaking unless it's less than a 163. I know I am capable of 170+, and I have taken several PT's where I end up in that ballpark, but there is little guarantee that on a second retake you won't mess up even worse than you did the first time.

I put my all into studying for it, so I cannot imagine that I would be guaranteed a more positive result upon retaking.

This is about how I feel, though my cut off is probably 164/165 (really want at least a small shot at Cornell).

My reasoning is 1) I really don't want to go through more preparation for a retake and 2) I had an ideal test day... excellent test center, I was relaxed, I had enough sleep, I didn't have to pee, I was assigned a seat at the front of the room with less distractions, I had the exact test order I would have chosen, etc.  I didn't do perfectly, but it's unlikely I'll have so many factors in my favor come September.

Wow; I feel like you are a brother from another mother. I have the exact same goals, and Cornell would be my favorite choice for a school. At the same time, GULC PT, Fordham, BC, BU, Emory and Vandy would not be the end of the world for me.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »
I don't know what it is about Cornell-- I originally wanted to be in a big city, but I just get this vibe from Cornell saying I'd be very happy there.  My mid-range goals are Vandy, UCLA, Washington, WUSTL, and Iowa (I'm a midwest gal to begin with).  I am scared of Boston for some reason, so I haven't thought seriously about BU/BC yet.  :D

Good luck Bearly and papercranes!  I'll be watchin' you this cycle.  8)

Good luck to you too! I feel the same way about Cornell; I like the idea of a smaller, tighter-knit community of intelligent kids to hang out with. Ithaca is also nice. Hopefully we will be classmates next year! :)

cipnj718

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »
HEY guys...i was really frustrated with the exam...all the crap with no damn timer...how annoying was it when they warn you that there is 5mins left for the test....they had a clock that was extremely small..and couldnt even see it....hate the way its organized...anyways i found the games to be extremely easy..but I was really curious to know...if its true whether...theres a new thing that says...schools can only look at the highest scores...or is that bs...and they still average the results...please help...need to know before i cancel.....i guessed on a lot of reading comphr...4 some reason i cant finish off the reading comph in time...and it just discourages me for the rest of the exam....anyone have any tips..?//thanks

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »
Schools see all scores from the last ~5 years, but they are no longer required to report the average. Many schools now seem to be focusing mostly on the higher score; in some cases (from anecdotal evidence on LSN) it seems the higher score is accepted and the lower score is ignored. Different schools may treat it differently, however.

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
Has anyone purchased t he testmasters solutions guid efor all 55 prep test? It seems helpful. That way you can do every problem and know how to do it.

Also how often do they update it. I wonder when they will get the december test updated.

aestuo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »
I ran out of time one of the LR sections and had to guess on the last three questions. This never happens during practice and baring any miracles my score will probably reflect it. So yeah, if I can manage my time in Sept as well as I do during practice my score will likely be higher by a 3 or 4 points. Retake  :(

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 04:52:57 PM »
I am definitely cancelling my score because I know it was no where near what I've been getting in the PTs. I totally messed up on the LG section. It was horrible. Stupid Freedom MGM game took me way too long because of a misread rule and I accidentally skipped the easier games first to do that one. Anyone else have a similar problem?