Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Regent  (Read 1981 times)

odinmercer

• View Profile
Re: Regent
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 03:16:52 PM »
funny...such derogation of the school from those who probably could do no better.  I can't say as I have much knowledge about Regents, but I will venture that you will be hard pressed to find it received with anything less than bigotry on this board…..I wonder what reception odinmercer would have given it had it been a Muslim or Jewish school? 

I have no problem with it being a christian school. There are plenty of schools that offer a quality education that are christian. It's the fact that it's run by a televangelist that kinda bothers me a bit. As well as the uncanny ability of the people to be placed within our current government.

I don't understand why you feel this way based on the reasons you have stated.

What is a televangelist?  IMO it is a Christian that just happens to be on television.

What you see on the television is happening in every city in the United States.. Every time you pass a Christian church.  The only difference is this guy has a TV station that is broadcast into people's homes.

As far as the government jobs.. maybe the government has deemed individuals with Christian values as individuals that are less likely to be or become corrupt.

:-\

Call me naive, but I do not believe that there are supposed men of God saying they'll be "called home" if they fail to raise $3 million, or calling for the assassination of world leaders, or calling for the "nuking" of our State Department, in "every" Christian Church.

Well Einstein, IMO Televangelists are not the same as Christians. Specifically I identify Pat Robertson as someone who is on the far extreme as Ray points out. The vast majority of christian churches (At least in my part of the country) are not the same as the 700 club. I don't want to get into a big debate about religion itself, I just find the beliefs Pat Robertson espouses to be contrary to what a law school should teach. The funny thing is that originally I only pointed out Robertson anyways and was accused of slamming him because he's christian. I don't think of him that way because he's certainly not the same faith as me.

And to your point about government jobs, sure maybe that's what someone somewhere thought, but it hasn't turned out so well.

Bacl to CaliGirl's original question about the Q of life there, I would imagine that for the people that adhere to the same beliefs as the school, it's a very good fit, but unless that's what you're looking for it may not be the place for you.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
funny...such derogation of the school from those who probably could do no better.  I can't say as I have much knowledge about Regents, but I will venture that you will be hard pressed to find it received with anything less than bigotry on this board…..I wonder what reception odinmercer would have given it had it been a Muslim or Jewish school? 

I have no problem with it being a christian school. There are plenty of schools that offer a quality education that are christian. It's the fact that it's run by a televangelist that kinda bothers me a bit. As well as the uncanny ability of the people to be placed within our current government.

I don't understand why you feel this way based on the reasons you have stated.

What is a televangelist?  IMO it is a Christian that just happens to be on television.

What you see on the television is happening in every city in the United States.. Every time you pass a Christian church.  The only difference is this guy has a TV station that is broadcast into people's homes.

As far as the government jobs.. maybe the government has deemed individuals with Christian values as individuals that are less likely to be or become corrupt.

:-\

Call me naive, but I do not believe that there are supposed men of God saying they'll be "called home" if they fail to raise $3 million, or calling for the assassination of world leaders, or calling for the "nuking" of our State Department, in "every" Christian Church.

Well Einstein, IMO Televangelists are not the same as Christians. Specifically I identify Pat Robertson as someone who is on the far extreme as Ray points out. The vast majority of christian churches (At least in my part of the country) are not the same as the 700 club. I don't want to get into a big debate about religion itself, I just find the beliefs Pat Robertson espouses to be contrary to what a law school should teach. The funny thing is that originally I only pointed out Robertson anyways and was accused of slamming him because he's christian. I don't think of him that way because he's certainly not the same faith as me.

And to your point about government jobs, sure maybe that's what someone somewhere thought, but it hasn't turned out so well.

Bacl to CaliGirl's original question about the Q of life there, I would imagine that for the people that adhere to the same beliefs as the school, it's a very good fit, but unless that's what you're looking for it may not be the place for you.

Given the evidence posted above, it does look suspicious.. It just maddens me to see such shenanigans in the name of Christianity.  Makes us look bad..

As far a Robertson, he seems to be pretty over the top.  I am curious as to how much of him is embodied in the law school at Regent.
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »

HAHAHAHA  This is prob a Regent student/alumni. 

I bet 95% of registered users on this board has done better.

Princeton Law 2010

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
Sorry to cause such a stir...didn't know this topic would!  But thanks for all of the useful information...doesn't sound like I'd like be a good fit with this school!  :)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:32 PM »
Sorry to cause such a stir...didn't know this topic would!  But thanks for all of the useful information...doesn't sound like I'd like be a good fit with this school!  :)

Only if you dont love Jesus.  You do love Jesus dont you?
Princeton Law 2010

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
I grew up just down the road from regent.  I even had my prom there.  Pat Robertson is what I love about america.  Seriously, where else in the world can a man who couldn't pass the bar, start a law school?

My favorite PR moment is when he prayed Hurricane Felix away frtom Va beach which then hit North Carolina and killed 8 people.  Apparently, God loves Va Beach but not so much North Carolina

odinmercer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:50 PM »

Yeah with all the recent news concerning the school and the Justice Department it's like talking about the quality of Cooley, only worse because then you get to throw religion into the mix. YAY!

odinmercer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
I grew up just down the road from regent.  I even had my prom there.  Pat Robertson is what I love about america.  Seriously, where else in the world can a man who couldn't pass the bar, start a law school?

My favorite PR moment is when he prayed Hurricane Felix away frtom Va beach which then hit North Carolina and killed 8 people.  Apparently, God loves Va Beach but not so much North Carolina

Yeah, it must be because of the feminists, oh and the gays..? No, not in NC... maybe it was because everyone goes to the Church of NASCAR on Sunday. (Before anyone gets offended again... I think NASCAR is just fine)

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

Yeah, it must be because of the feminists, oh and the gays..? No, not in NC... maybe it was because everyone goes to the Church of NASCAR on Sunday. (Before anyone gets offended again... I think NASCAR is just fine)

In fairness, hurricane felix did alot of damage to New Jersey too.   

Apparently, PR has fallen from grace though because he said that his prayers would protect Va beach from hurricane Isabelle too (which they didn't).

odinmercer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »

In fairness, hurricane felix did alot of damage to New Jersey too.   

Apparently, PR has fallen from grace though because he said that his prayers would protect Va beach from hurricane Isabelle too (which they didn't).

There may have been a few (dozen/hundred  :P) other things that may have contributed to that fall.