Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Regent  (Read 1974 times)

caligirl404

• View Profile
Regent
« on: June 12, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Regent?  I keep getting emails and letters from them in the mail, but haven't even heard of them before. I looked them up and apparently they were one of the top five law schools for "Quality of Life" and have won two national titles in ABA competitions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

odinmercer

• View Profile
Re: Regent
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
You'll also hear it called CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) School of law as it's owned by Pat Robertson. So... you can make up your own mind about it.

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »
the most under-rated school ever.  its behind only HYS in God's eyes.
Princeton Law 2010

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:36:36 PM »
Well apparently you can get a pretty cushy DoD job coming out of the school, but that'll most likely change once Bush leaves office...
Tulane c/o 2011

ParkBa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »
funny...such derogation of the school from those who probably could do no better.  I can't say as I have much knowledge about Regents, but I will venture that you will be hard pressed to find it received with anything less than bigotry on this board…..I wonder what reception odinmercer would have given it had it been a Muslim or Jewish school? 

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:17:09 AM »
Please ParkBa, spare us...

It's a rancid TTT, for many reasons.

(PS, I did much better)

sno

• Sr. Citizen
  • run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 03:13:31 AM »
usd class of '09!

harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »
well, if you're tired of going to law school in a laundromat, and want education style learning in a school type environment, then I hear Regent Law is the place to be

AlphaBusey

• Sr. Citizen
  • SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »
funny...such derogation of the school from those who probably could do no better.  I can't say as I have much knowledge about Regents, but I will venture that you will be hard pressed to find it received with anything less than bigotry on this board…..I wonder what reception odinmercer would have given it had it been a Muslim or Jewish school? 

Regent is a TTT toilet.  Or, as John Stewart put it so aptly...  "Jiffy Law".  Regent is basically the embodiment of the religious right's attempt to produce "educated" individuals who can then join the government and push their fascist crap known as "Christian values".  It's funny.  I'm a Christian myself, and I think their values are about as big a load of crap as this TTT school.  So yes, I am bigoted.  I have no tolerance for an ideology that preaches hate and exclusion for other human beings simply because of their beliefs or bedroom activity, who has more in common with the Taliban than they do with me.  So in conclusion, yeah, Regent's really only money if you want a DoJ job.  But once we get a real President, even that faucet will dry up.  Oh well, there's always SpaceLaw.
UVA '10

My generation's for sale
Beats a steady job.
How much have you got?
My generation don't trust no one
Its hard to blame
Not even ourselves.
The thing that's real for us is: fortune and fame,
All the rest seems like work.
Its just like Diamonds
In *&^%.- Queens of the Stone Age

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
Oh well, there's always SpaceLaw.

That's only if Bush gets elected/anointed President of Outer Space.  Until then, Princeton will forever dominate the market, leaving only spaceshipnofaultinsurancedefe nselaw jobs for TTT Regent grads.