Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Money. Money. Money. Money!  (Read 2365 times)

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Money. Money. Money. Money!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »
am i the only one that thinks questions like these all boil down to whether one wants to be a lawyer or not?

i mean, really, i've worked in lower middle management gigs for almost 9 or 10 years now making what some say is an entry level public service salary for attorneys and I'd still take law anyday of the week. if money is the determining factor do ANYTHING other than law. but if you'd take even the most rudimentary of 1st year law jobs then you should go to law school.

law is like almost any other field -- good lawyers and connected lawyers should never have to worry about paying the bills. those concerned with keeping up with an illusion or easy money should maybe consider meth dealer or corporate raider. actually go with meth dealer. it'll help keep a lawyer who wanted to be a lawyer employed.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 04:28:08 PM »
am i the only one that thinks questions like these all boil down to whether one wants to be a lawyer or not?

No, you're not.   ;)
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »

i mean, really, i've worked in lower middle management gigs for almost 9 or 10 years now making what some say is an entry level public service salary for attorneys and I'd still take law anyday of the week. if money is the determining factor do ANYTHING other than law. but if you'd take even the most rudimentary of 1st year law jobs then you should go to law school.

law is like almost any other field -- good lawyers and connected lawyers should never have to worry about paying the bills. those concerned with keeping up with an illusion or easy money should maybe consider meth dealer or corporate raider. actually go with meth dealer. it'll help keep a lawyer who wanted to be a lawyer employed.
I sorry, but even the meth dealers will find that thier career path isn't all that it's craked up to be. Hazerdous work conditions include meth fumes from product development, Market competition has a habbit of trying to kill you.  Customers would like to see you dead, and alway ask for credit or barter (Usually STD sex). Government regulatoion of the industry is overly opressive.  Even your vacation time is wrought with danger if you end up in the wrong prison/spa.  No insurance company will carry your business, and no bank will finance you. There is  no such thing as easy money.  ;D
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 10:43:10 AM »

I sorry, but even the meth dealers will find that thier career path isn't all that it's craked up to be. Hazerdous work conditions include meth fumes from product development, Market competition has a habbit of trying to kill you.  Customers would like to see you dead, and alway ask for credit or barter (Usually STD sex). Government regulatoion of the industry is overly opressive.  Even your vacation time is wrought with danger if you end up in the wrong prison/spa.  No insurance company will carry your business, and no bank will finance you. There is  no such thing as easy money.  ;D

Ok, ok, ok. Not saying i've thought of such things as I am an shoo-in for the F&C eval BUT let's just say that I know a guy who knows a guy who does think this way. How about an umbrella insurance policy for the residential dwelling wherein one provides alternaive lifestyle counseling. I mean, it could be suggested that preventing legal adults from engaging in recreational anesethelogy violates their civil rights and creates an unfair advantage for pharmaceutical companies by eliminating competition for feeling numb/good/like you can fly.

Just look at all that opportunity for a smart T4 grad with nothing to lose and fewer didn't wanna be lawyers to compete with.

I'm just saying. :D
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid