Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TERRIBLE LSAT, good GPA... any chances? Drexel?  (Read 5192 times)

blueberry

• View Profile
Re: TERRIBLE LSAT, good GPA... any chances? Drexel?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

PowerScore is not in my area.  I would like to find a private tutor... I am in New Jersey.

=)

Powerscore is definitely offered in NJ (in New Brunswick to be exact)...or at least it was exactly 1 year ago when I took it.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
Thanks for your response... I will be sure to check out those resources.

I took a Kaplan Course.  I do not recommend it.  I am sure its great for some people, but I did not see (at least in my class) many people's scores go up significantly.  I heard Princeton Review is better.  PowerScore is not in my area.  I would like to find a private tutor... I am in New Jersey.

=)

PowerScore has classes in NYC. They have a weekend-long intensive class that you would only have to give up two (full) days to attend. Couple that with some intense self-study...
VIP.

UFBGD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »

[/quote]

I don't want to sound like I work for Powerscore (I just love their books to death because I felt like Kaplan & PR were a ripoff), but I don't think anybody knows their "range" until they work their way through the LR Bible and the LG Bible.

[/quote]

I agree with this.  I read thru the powerscore after receiving a low low LSAT and got 8 pts higher the next time.  If I had more time I could have done alot better.  So take off from work, if you can, do the books and take alot of practice tests. 

cheri

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 02:27:56 AM »
I feel your pain.  I got a 140 on my LSAT and i have a 3.89 GPA.  Im well divirsified. and Im freaking out.  If you got any good advise pass it on.  I need some encouragement.  My thought is, try applying to a local state law school and  emphasize your assets in your personal statement and get shining letters of reccomendation.  Think outside of the box and try someting different.  You must realize that the admissions pannel is used to seeing the same applicants over and over and over again.  Get their attention, stand out and be memorable, then you may have a chanse.

Dont ever give up. If you feel it, and law is your passion, then Do It.