Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long will you hold onto your waitlists?  (Read 2277 times)

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
Re: How long will you hold onto your waitlists?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 02:05:02 PM »
Tell me about being on waitlisted edge!  I have to move back from Europe!  I was going to move to New Jersey and then move back to MN or WI if I got off the waitlist after school had started in New Jersey (MN and WI start in September).  I'm pretty sure that's the most insane waitlist plan ever!  But worth $20,000 a year for 3 years!
Boston College Class of 2011!

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
At first, I thought I would hang in until the bitter end, but now I feel like pulling the plug on the whole thing and withdrawing from both of my waitlisted schools.  I feel like I should just go back to work and forget it at this point.

Is anyone else so sick of this whole process that they just want to move on even if it means not going to law school at all?

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
Nancy I'm waitlisted at the same places you are...what are your numbers?

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »
Nancy I'm waitlisted at the same places you are...what are your numbers?

My numbers are: 152 and 3.72.  Sadly, no one seems to care about gpa...

ApesAMB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »
I agree that no one cares about GPA.  I don't think that's fair!  GPA represents 4-5 years of hard work, where the LSAT is 1 test.  Why does that count so much more?!

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 03:14:48 PM »
I agree that no one cares about GPA.  I don't think that's fair!  GPA represents 4-5 years of hard work, where the LSAT is 1 test.  Why does that count so much more?!

Yeah, really.  Also, the LSAT was a horrid experience.  I studied for months, had great PT scores (most in the 165-172 range), and then blew it.  Threw up my breakfast on the morning of the exam and was like a deer caught in headlights the entire time!  Yeesh.

Oh well, maybe all of this indicates that I am not fit for law school?  :-\

ApesAMB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »
Wow, that does sound like an awful experience!  It might mean law school isn't for you or not right now, but it might have just been a bad experience.  I think everyone has felt like giving up at some point, especially when dealing with the stress of hanging onto waiting lists.  I think you just need to think about why you applied in the first place.  If it's because you are sick of your job and just want to do something, anything else, maybe it's best to wait and make sure it's what you want.  But if you know you really want to be a lawyer, you should go for it.  Maybe think about how you'd feel after withdrawing from your schools.  Relieved or sad?  That'll tell you how you really feel.

I would suggest waiting another year and retaking the LSAT.  If you were doing that well on your practice tests, you would definitely do better next time.  It would give you time to think about what you want, and you could get into a great school next year! 

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »

Yeah, really.  Also, the LSAT was a horrid experience.  I studied for months, had great PT scores (most in the 165-172 range), and then blew it.  Threw up my breakfast on the morning of the exam and was like a deer caught in headlights the entire time!  Yeesh.

Oh well, maybe all of this indicates that I am not fit for law school?  :-\

It indicates that you need to a) Purchase some relaxation tapes and b) re-take the LSAT.
VIP.

Nancy Reagan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »
Apes, thanks for the advice. I am thinking on this...

Captain L., thanks for your thoughts, too.

Update as of 6/16/07: In at Southwestern and really, really excited.  I think I'll go!!!!!!! ;D