Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Pre-law Conference 2007?  (Read 1439 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Black Pre-law Conference 2007?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
Just asked the chapter folks, no one really knows about it. I wonder why.   ???   I'd think it'd be a good idea for folks already in LS to go.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 08:45:16 PM »
The only problem is that there's no link to 2007 info and the contact's # is disconnected...

i meant to add that my anal self emailed the founder/organizer and she replied - in a timely fashion - saying that it is definately on and the site will be back up with new info in a couple weeks. :)
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 10:15:53 PM »
In response to my "what the deal" email I got back:

Thanks so much for your message.  The new website is up and can be viewed at www.blackprelawconference.com.  It's a free conference and we will continue to add people and features to the lineup for the rest of the month.  This is the probably the most comprehensive conference that any pre-law student will be able to find in the country.  It's a can't miss event!  One that many current lawyers wish we would have had when thinking about law school "back in the day."  Please make those you know aware that the event is not only free, but open to ANYONE aspiring to attend law school.  Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the event.  Hope to see you there!
That's the final word! :)

Now. Anyone planning on going? I'd like to go just to check out the schools in the area as several TX schools are on my list.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »
Good stuff.  Wish I knew about this last year!
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

missamerAKA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 11:54:07 AM »
Is it just me, or is the November 2 conference date too little too late for this season's applicants ???

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »
Look to the left -- Look to the right