Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Pre-law Conference 2007?  (Read 1483 times)

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Black Pre-law Conference 2007?
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:03:29 AM »
I wonder if anyone heard of/attended the program last year in Houston? I found a link during some of my crackish internet searching and emailed the organizer to confirm there is a 2007 event scheduled. She responded, "yes".

Does anyone have any feedback on this one? Or any similar programs in the country, particularly in the South? I would have thought Atlanta to be teeming with them but I have found nothing.

http://www.blacknews.com/pr/prelawconference101.html

Dallas, TX (BlackNews.com) - After the success of last year's event in Houston, the only national pre-law conference created especially for aspiring Black lawyers is returning this fall! The National Black Pre-Law Admissions & Preparation Conference and Law Fair 2006 will be held from Friday, September 8, 2006 until Sunday, September 10, 2006 at the beautiful Magnolia Hotel located in the heart of downtown Dallas, Texas. The conference theme is Encouraging Excellence, Strategic Thinking, and a Competitive Mindset Among African American Pre-Law Aspirants. Organizers are partnering with the American Bar Association's Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO), the National Association of Future Black Law Students (NAFBLS), the J.L. Turner Legal Association: The African-American Bar Association of Dallas, the National Black Law Students Association (NBLSA), Recruit for Law School, Inc. and Black Esquire to bring another powerful, inspiring and information-packed event.

This conference began last year as a positive ...
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

missamerAKA

• View Profile
Re: Black Pre-law Conference 2007?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:51 PM »
Has anyone heard more talk of the 2007 conference?

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »
havent heard anything but looks pretty good.  I see the NBLSA Chair, Eddie Koen, will be there.  Very good look.  Should go.  I may go just because we're looking to get some more tips for a bridge to our UG students.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
Can white people attend? 

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »
Can white people attend? 

Sure can! 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
The conference really does sound interesting. 

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:08:35 PM »
The conference really does sound interesting. 

u should def go.  It does look good. 

missamerAKA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »
The only problem is that there's no link to 2007 info and the contact's # is disconnected...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
The only problem is that there's no link to 2007 info and the contact's # is disconnected...

WOW!!!   :D  That's not cool.