Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 weeks left, whats your study plan?  (Read 1149 times)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
2 weeks left, whats your study plan?
« on: September 19, 2004, 01:21:50 AM »
im doing prep tests on these days:  sun, mon, tues, fri, sat, mon, wed, thurs.

im making myself wake up at 6am every day and im taking the tests at 9.

on days where i dont take a prep test i will be working in the essential testmasters books(lesson 10, as well as the books that cover the LR types im not 100% with) and working in the lgb and lrb.

next sunday i am going to go over every prep test ive ever taken and over the course of the next three days, re-do every game section(checking after with the ultimate setups book) as well as the LR questions i missed.

friday before the test ill do one game section and one LR section.

foxnewssucks

Re: 2 weeks left, whats your study plan?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:22:50 AM »
I have about 5 tests to do, finish the TM homework, finish LRB and doing the LGB again.  Please shoot me.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 01:23:52 AM »
im switching my focus away from the TM homework because pretty much all of the stuff i have left is either reading comp, or old lr material from then 80s and early 90s.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 01:24:23 AM »
im switching my focus away from the TM homework because pretty much all of the stuff i have left is either reading comp, or old lr material from then 80s and early 90s.

I hear that... I really do not have much left.

dr_draino

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 01:26:21 AM »
I'm approaching it like a bike race I try to peak for:

did the intervals and the hard work over the last 4 weeks, now it's time to taper.

One timed section a night this week.  Crazy-ass bachelor party in Philly next weekend, which should do wonders for my preparation, some timed sections the following week, doing a full test on Thursday.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 01:32:03 AM »
i prepare for exams a little differently from how i prepare for physical competition simply because i think physical activity requires a much longer recovery period to return to your peak.

i plan to work pretty hard for these next two weeks, easing up by the wednesday before the test and then finishing up any serious work on thursday with the final prep test.  my brain can rest and recover on friday, but ill still be in lsat destroyer mode come saturday morning.

Hurley97

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 01:32:40 AM »
cascagrossa,
  I noticed that your signatures lists a couple scores in the higher 150's amidst your better scores.  I too have 2 weeks to go, and I just scored a 159.  I am shooting for some big-name schools and am hoping to get my score higher.  If you have the time, could you please help me out with my questions on this other thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,8913.0.html

I sure could use some positive encouragement.

With two weeks to go my study plan is to be as rigorous as possible, and then taper down about 32 hours before the test day (mental rest).  I'll be finishing my TestMasters homework, going through the LSAC Triple-Test book, and reviewing old homework and diagnostics.

I will probably also go through my old games, and even read some of the super-hard Reading Comp sections.  Right now I am getting between 2 and 5 wrong, so I'd like to really hammer that section down solid.

dr_draino

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 01:36:22 AM »
Honestly dude?  I think you're screwed.  It's not like you got the 159 cold.  You've done some prep work.  The people that go from 150's to 170's in 2 weeks are people that go from 154 to like a 164 on their next test and then take two weeks easing up from that to the 170 mark.  I'd love it if you got up to 170, and if you do, lemme know so I can change my way of thinking on it, but since you've been studying and prepping, I don't think there's anything magic you can do in two weeks time.  I'm thinkin' your looking at a low to mid 160 score.

Sorry, just felt a sudden urge to channel jacy...

cascagrossa,
  I noticed that your signatures lists a couple scores in the higher 150's amidst your better scores.  I too have 2 weeks to go, and I just scored a 159.  I am shooting for some big-name schools and am hoping to get my score higher.  If you have the time, could you please help me out with my questions on this other thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,8913.0.html

I sure could use some positive encouragement.

With two weeks to go my study plan is to be as rigorous as possible, and then taper down about 32 hours before the test day (mental rest).  I'll be finishing my TestMasters homework, going through the LSAC Triple-Test book, and reviewing old homework and diagnostics.

I will probably also go through my old games, and even read some of the super-hard Reading Comp sections.  Right now I am getting between 2 and 5 wrong, so I'd like to really hammer that section down solid.

Hurley97

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 01:47:24 AM »
I see your point, but I don't think that my 159 is quite the same.  I feel momentum and confidence building, and as I look through my test I saw that I answered several questions correctly, but I got nervous and went with the other option.  Perhaps we could converse on this within that other thread.  Thanks.

2 weeks to go!