Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson Law?  (Read 1578 times)

lawbiz007

• View Profile
    • Email
Stetson Law?
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:25:19 PM »
Does anyone attend Stetson? How do you guys like it?  I see that it's in the top 100.(Tier 2)  How's the academics? social life? Competitiveness?

also:

Campus looks amazing with three pools at the Gulfport campus as well. How's the Tampa campus?

jackychan

• Columbia Law 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Stetson Law?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:44:55 AM »
I don't know the Tampa campus but I know for sure that Stetson is a pretty good law school!
Columbia Law - Class of 2010!!!

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »
Does anyone attend Stetson? How do you guys like it?  I see that it's in the top 100.(Tier 2)  How's the academics? social life? Competitiveness?

also:

Campus looks amazing with three pools at the Gulfport campus as well. How's the Tampa campus?

I don't go there but am from Tampa and am doing my summer internship with people who go there. Everyone seems to really like it. I have heard complaints that the curve is a little low (I think around a 2.8 for 1L) and that dean's list is near impossible to make. However, Stetson students get a lot of practical and clinical opportunities at various agencies. Far more than I've seen at other schools.

I've heard the Tampa campus is great, but I believe only part-time students have classes there.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »
tampa campus is just north of downtown. looks pretty neat.

one of the resident cuties goes there, maka nani i think she goes by.  drop her a pm  :)
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:44:19 AM »
2.8 isn't that bad of a curve.  some schools are lower especially toward T4.  i've heard good things about stetson's job prospects in the tampa/orlando area.  you still have to compete with UF/FSU big time in that region unfortunately.  i have only met a handful of stetson grads in south florida so i don't know the rep down here.
FIU Class of 2009

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »
2.8 isn't that bad of a curve.  some schools are lower especially toward T4.  i've heard good things about stetson's job prospects in the tampa/orlando area.  you still have to compete with UF/FSU big time in that region unfortunately.  i have only met a handful of stetson grads in south florida so i don't know the rep down here.

I don't really think there is much of an interest in South Florida at Stetson- at least that's what I've gotten from one of my coworkers who goes there.

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
It's ranked #1 by USNWR for trial advocacy, if you believe such rankings matter.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »
I live in the Tampa Bay area-- going to Stetson would have been more convienent than Miami but I was put off by the shadyness of the guy who was supposed to recruit me. He didn't want to honestly answer my questions and kept going around everything. I just looked at it as obviously this isn't the school for me. I have a few friends there who love it. 1 just graduated and the other 2 are 2L's. It was really hard for the one who graduated to find a job- I don't think she has one yet but one of the 2L's has a pretty great internship (but she is in the top 10%). The area is affordable- the campus is great- just ask lots of questions and make sure they answer them
UMiami c/o 2010