Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Same LORs, Same schools, New Cycle!  (Read 569 times)

walkaway

• Sr. Citizen
  • fuggi regal fantasima
    • View Profile
Same LORs, Same schools, New Cycle!
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »
I was wondering if schools would look down upon sending the same LORs from last cycle when I was rejected, provided everything else is completely different. My LSAT score will be much better, my PS and optional essay will be much more refined and I plan on applying very early in the cycle.

Is it likely for them to ding me based upon my not getting new LORs?
ave ave history is on my side...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Katie08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Same LORs, Same schools, New Cycle!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »
I'd say if you have relative confidence in those letters, stick with them. On the other hand, if you could find a new recommender who can highlight something you've done in the last year to make you more ready for law school, or some new accomplishment, or SOMETHING, it might help.  If for some reason you suspect the LORs may have contributed to rejection last year, then by all means get new ones.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 11:43:38 PM »
I could be in the same position (pending waitlists)... and I don't know what to say.  I don't think I have any recommenders that are any better than the ones who previously wrote on my behalf, so I think I'll stay with the ones I have.

I'm curious, what made you decide to reapply?  I'm just asking because I'm looking at doing the same, but I'm not sure if I'm psychologically up for this process again.

walkaway

• Sr. Citizen
  • fuggi regal fantasima
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:52:43 PM »
I didn't do well enough on the LSAT to get into the schools I'd like to attend...thats the simple answer.

The longer answer is that I applied really late in the cycle, so I didn't even make the deadlines for the schools I'd want to go to (I was having personal issues during the early season). I know I can do better, and I feel that I owe it to myself to try. I'm also just not ready to start law school in the fall. It would be too much stress too soon, and I know that I'm just not ready for that. It was very difficult for me to admit that to myself, though. What made it easier, was the fact that I found a job very quickly, so I know I won't be floating at all. The time off will help me figure myself out enough to be ready for law school when I do finally make it there. It was the all around best decision.

I'm in the same boat as far as LORs go though. I don't really have any more people that I could ask for them (although I might be able to swing a couple, I just don't know if they would be any more effective than the ones that I already have--I might get them just so I can have different ones to send to the schools I'm reapplying to).

Good luck if you decide to take the year off!
ave ave history is on my side...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
Thank you, and good luck to you too!