Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got waitlisted for FT Southwestern can I try for PT now?  (Read 1864 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Got waitlisted for FT Southwestern can I try for PT now?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »
God, that would be awesome!

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »
Lexi-

On the waitlist form I put PT as my 2nd choice.  I'm still debating as to whether or not I should call.  I really don't know what to do haha!  I think I may just wait until next week and see if there is any movement.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 01:44:49 PM »
Do you guys have the means to go and visit and speak to an admissions officer?  I know it seems drastic, but if you're dead serious on it, I've heard it can help.  Then you have a reason to write a follow-up letter, too.

Then again, if you're me and broke, might not be possible.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »
Yeah, I barely have money for rent currently. In my LOCI, I explained that I didn't have the means to visit, but that I had withdrawn from the other programs I was accepted to and that SW was my number 1.  I also explained that I had family members moving to Los Angeles, and that was a major point for me with the school that no other program I applied to could compete with. 

Plus, I've called the office probably too much.  They definitely know who I am and are aware of my interest level.  After that, what really can you do?  I did say, though, that I only wished to be considered for full time.  That will probably hurt me, but I don't want to do a part time program.  If I did, I'd been in at Kent and Suffolk already.  I just don't see it making much sense for my situation.  Oh well, must follow my gut on this one.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 05:04:41 PM »
Well Lexi, I hope I see you there!

I really don't want PT either but I think if it's between PT and nothing at all I'd take it...as long as I would be able to transfer to FT.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 06:04:59 PM »
Thanks Cali!  Yes, I think if you feel like PT can work for you, go with it...  And I hope to join you there too :)