Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who will win the men's final?

Federer
Nadal

Author Topic: French Open  (Read 1535 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
French Open
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:03:54 PM »
Federer and Nadal will meet in the men's French Open final on Sunday morning--8 AM on NBC.  Who will win?  Probably Nadal. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: French Open
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
Federer's been completely off his game, yet has somehow still managed to win every single set but one so far this tournament.  Nadal hasn't been awesome, but he's been solid. 

I'm picking Federer.  It's his time, and he clicked when he had to against Davydenko.  Federer has a plan for Nadal, and he's been working on it for months.  Federer in four sets.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
A plan for Nadal huh...interesting. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
I'm calling it the Freedom Open until Frenchie gets on board for the big win in Iraq!
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »
I'm going with Nadal - could have been a straight sets loss for Federer if Davydenko hadn't blow it several times.

Also - ESPN has it as 9AM EST (if we were both talking about EST; I wouldn't want to have to wake up any earlier than necessary).
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 02:55:52 AM »
I'm going with Nadal - could have been a straight sets loss for Federer if Davydenko hadn't blow it several times.

Also - ESPN has it as 9AM EST (if we were both talking about EST; I wouldn't want to have to wake up any earlier than necessary).

Yeah--sorry.  8 AM in Texas. 
CLS '10

Miles Massey

• Sr. Citizen
  • You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 03:29:52 AM »
Come on! Is this even a question??? Swiss >>>>>>>> anybody else in tennis anyday! Despite the last few years, Federer will take Nadal. This is the age of Federer!
UCLA Class of 2010!

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 05:42:12 AM »

LOLZ!!1!

How many times do people say "could've" for great champions?  Fact is, he won IN STRAIGHT SETS.  He played poorly, but he pulled it out when he needed to.  Example: blasts a second serve ace during tie-breaker in third set.

Federer has that knack of winning the important points, even on his off days.  It's what sets the legends apart from the merely great.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 07:40:25 AM »
ANDY RODDICK, NADAL CALLED AND HE WANTS HIS ARMS BACK

Anyone see that Men's Fitness cover?  I get the magazine, and saw the cover and did a wtf doubletake before starting to laugh hysterically.  I turned on ESPN to see that the guys on PTI were making fun of this too.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 01:53:43 PM »
ANDY RODDICK, NADAL CALLED AND HE WANTS HIS ARMS BACK

Anyone see that Men's Fitness cover?  I get the magazine, and saw the cover and did a wtf doubletake before starting to laugh hysterically.  I turned on ESPN to see that the guys on PTI were making fun of this too.

Haha, what did they say about it?
CLS '10