Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardozo Vs. Seton Hall  (Read 522 times)

MAB

• View Profile
Cardozo Vs. Seton Hall
« on: June 08, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »
Until yesterday, I had been planning to go to Rutgers or Seton Hall. I received scholarships from both that will make the tuition about the same. Both require I maintain a specific gpa. Yesterday I was accepted to Cardozo with a big scholarship that has no requirements. Today, Seton Hall told me that I have been invited to apply for a full scholarship and that I have a great chance of getting it because ive already been nominated by "the faculty."

I live in Hoboken and most likely want to practice in NJ. I think I want to do family law.  How do I decide when Cardozo is ranked better than Seton Hall if SH gives me the full ride?

Any thoughts?

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cardozo Vs. Seton Hall / Rutgers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »
But Cardozo is giving you a "big" scholarship?  So will the price difference even be that much?  Have you visited the school?  Sometimes you get an instant vibe from the campus that can help make up your mind.

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
What GPA do you have to maintain at Seton Hall?  It sounds like the reasonable choice, given your desired location post-graduation.
2L

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
when did you apply to cardozo?  i havent even heard from them and i sent in my application in early february.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »
If you're going to choose based on a scholarship, go with the one that has no strings attached. Make sure you read the terms carefully to confirm in fact there are no strings attached.