Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Previous takers: Give us your top 5 pieces of advice...  (Read 1697 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Previous takers: Give us your top 5 pieces of advice...
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 03:14:18 AM »

2:  The day before, perform a decent amount of physical activity (sex, basketball, hiking) and enjoy some awesome fiction/music/gardening/sunset/whatevs

:D :D :D Almost didn't catch that one. So THATS the secret to a 170+.

Yes--yes, it is. 

And crocodiles, gators...what's the difference?  It's all about:

CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
Just be normal.

Don't change your routine in the least.  If you smoke, keep smoking.  If you get drunk every night and cry yourself to sleep, grab your booze and your tissues.  Don't go on a diet.  Don't start taking medications.  Don't stop taking medications.  If you normally skip breakfast, don't go pig out a Shoney's.  If you don't go to bed until midnight, please don't try to go to bed at 10--you won't fall asleep.

Bottom line, anything that gets you out of your groove is going to mess with you on test day, so do what you always do and you'll be fine.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »
Just be normal.

Don't change your routine in the least.  If you smoke, keep smoking.  If you get drunk every night and cry yourself to sleep, grab your booze and your tissues.  Don't go on a diet.  Don't start taking medications.  Don't stop taking medications.  If you normally skip breakfast, don't go pig out a Shoney's.  If you don't go to bed until midnight, please don't try to go to bed at 10--you won't fall asleep.

Bottom line, anything that gets you out of your groove is going to mess with you on test day, so do what you always do and you'll be fine.

I'll save this activity for Monday night!

If that's not normally your routine, then yes, wait until after the test.  ;)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 01:46:48 AM »
Don't study the day before the test-- relax!  Make sure to have a good breakfast and lunch right before the test, and don't drink too much water.

Good luck, LSAT takers!
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 02:58:49 AM »
Don't study the day before the test-- relax!  Make sure to have a good breakfast and lunch right before the test, and don't drink too much water.

Good luck, LSAT takers!

Hey Mike!  Hope you're enjoying summer. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 08:01:49 AM »
Just be normal.

There is far more truth to this than people might believe.

Drank 8 Coronas the night before the test.  177  No joke. 
(I know, I posted that before but it is truth to back up more truth at a time when it is needed most.  Not saying drinking 8 or more beers in a night is a good thing to do, please don't do it, go for 20.  It works for law school finals and the bar exam too!  :D

This makes me feel better about how I passed the time by the pool yesterday.  ;)
Vandy 1L... really?

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I would always run after taking a practice test.  It was surprisingly hard because I think you use a lot of energy taking one of those things.  The day of the test I played tennis afterward. 

And Jeffort's right--treat the real thing just like a regular practice test.  I was nervous the first 30 seconds or so, but just take a deep breath, and you'll be fine--routine will take over. 
CLS '10